• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: M3 the dark metal Blu-rays/DVDs Resolicited in 2 Box Sets

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samo2222

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:49 pm Reply with quote
I guess they needed to save as many sales as they could. Good decision for a series like this but sadly, it'll still probably sell badly.

So far the series is slowly dancing around its issues, hopefully something bigger will happen in the next few episodes.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:46 am Reply with quote
I haven't seen this show yet, but I plan on starting it soon. I know it will still sell horribly, but at least it isn't canceled!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:59 am Reply with quote
If the per-episode price is cheaper, then that's cool and may encourage a few more stragglers to purchase and they may as well try out the cheaper anime experiment to see if it really does encourage more buyers, but somethings tells me it's just not gonna happen unless the show was already at least mildly popular to begin with. And if that were the case, it would have sold well anyway.

Cyclone1993 wrote:
I know it will still sell horribly, but at least it isn't canceled!

With the way TV functions, you really just can't pull the plug while it's running. When's the last time that even happened to something not super long? The only example that come to mind are Sunrise mecha shows like Gundam, Lazyner (canceled for bullshit reasons, too), and more recently with Gundam X.
EyeOfPain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:56 pm Reply with quote
I recall something similar happening with the second half of Shangri-La, but this is the first time I've heard of this change happening for an entire show.

You think this'll get a second season?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1