Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Lady Gaga and Babymetal Idols Rock Out




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mr. sickVisionz



Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 2010
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to assume that's $21,729 and not that they brought in less than $30.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mdo7



Joined: 23 May 2007
Posts: 5897
Location: Cypress, Texas, USA
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see Babymetal are having a fun time with Lady Gaga. A little off topic but relate to Lady Gaga: Crayon Pop has also been interviewed about their tour with Lady Gaga.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ddedlyhunter



Joined: 06 Aug 2014
Posts: 5
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:51 pm Reply with quote
good for babymetal, the audio on the video is shit
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nhat



Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 914
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Ddedlyhunter wrote:
good for babymetal, the audio on the video is shit


Yea nothing anyone can do about it if you're that close to speakers, it basically destroys an average mic if used for too long.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EricJ2



Joined: 01 Feb 2014
Posts: 3978
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Well, nice to know that G has found some NEW bit of J-geekdom to be seen playing with... Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
enurtsol



Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 13671
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:35 pm Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:

Well, nice to know that G has found some NEW bit of J-geekdom to be seen playing with... Rolling Eyes


They're all glad to be getting the exposure.

Didjaknow Babymetal was also at Britain's Sonisphere?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EricJ2



Joined: 01 Feb 2014
Posts: 3978
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:55 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
EricJ2 wrote:

Well, nice to know that G has found some NEW bit of J-geekdom to be seen playing with... Rolling Eyes


They're all glad to be getting the exposure.


I'm sure Hatsune Miku's producers thought that too.
Until the anonymous "Anime gurl!" Guy became YouTube's symbol of just how much the Gaga/Miku teamup was doomed from the start. Sad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v03aesG_JUs
("Whoo, long hair!")
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
enurtsol



Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 13671
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:15 am Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
EricJ2 wrote:

Well, nice to know that G has found some NEW bit of J-geekdom to be seen playing with... Rolling Eyes

They're all glad to be getting the exposure.

I'm sure Hatsune Miku's producers thought that too.
Until the anonymous "Anime gurl!" Guy became YouTube's symbol of just how much the Gaga/Miku teamup was doomed from the start. Sad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v03aesG_JUs
("Whoo, long hair!")


Sensationalize much - there's no doom, and the whole thing is still good exposure.
If they have another opportunity, they'd do it again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kevinx59



Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 959
Location: In sunny California
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:38 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:



Oh man that lineup. Iron Maiden, Anthrax, Slayer, Alice in Chains, Dropkick Murphys, Alestorm, Electric Wizard, and even Babymetal. I would've loved to have gone to that festival.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
mdo7



Joined: 23 May 2007
Posts: 5897
Location: Cypress, Texas, USA
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:19 pm Reply with quote
A little off topic but relate to my previous post: Mnet America interviewed with Crayon Pop. Nice to know Crayon Pop (and Babymetal) are getting more exposure. I wondered if Babymetal and Crayon Pop met each other yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enurtsol



Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 13671
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:07 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:

A little off topic but relate to my previous post: Mnet America interviewed with Crayon Pop. Nice to know Crayon Pop (and Babymetal) are getting more exposure. I wondered if Babymetal and Crayon Pop met each other yet.


This is what they have to go through.
J-pop would be no different.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mdo7



Joined: 23 May 2007
Posts: 5897
Location: Cypress, Texas, USA
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:56 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

This is what they have to go through.
J-pop would be no different.


For your interest, oh and about the training yeah watch this and this one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tobeast777



Joined: 22 Oct 2009
Posts: 68
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:07 am Reply with quote
I freaking love BabyMetal! I would totally go to a Lady Gaga concert to see them as long as I could leave before the Lady Gaga part Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group