• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Will Not Support Circle Pad Pro

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asrialys

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:20 am Reply with quote
I wonder why. I never used it, but too bad. I guess Nintendo's already abandoning the peripheral.

Also, it's not like the current Circle Pad Pro can be supported by the New systems anyway, since the systems won't be able to fit properly.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:14 am Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
I wonder why. I never used it, but too bad. I guess Nintendo's already abandoning the peripheral.

Also, it's not like the current Circle Pad Pro can be supported by the New systems anyway, since the systems won't be able to fit properly.

But the new system already has the built-in C-stick, so whether it fit or not it has no need for it. The CPP compatibility would've been perfect when playing Smash on the older 3DS models.

I find it very odd that it's not supported. I really hope they're not just trying to force people that rely heavily on the C-stick to feel obligated to upgrade, or risk being at a bit of a disadvantage against people with the New 3DS. That feels a bit underhanded when they already have a peripheral that does the exact same thing, but they're just choosing not to use it.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:52 am Reply with quote
Hilarious, they take away functionality of a peripheral that you had to buy extra just because they want you to buy the upgraded model instead. Classic Nintendo.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Well then what is even the point of having the dang c stick on the new model anyway if they're not even going to take advantage of it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1