• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma Anime's 1st Visual Unveiled

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:05 am Reply with quote
This is not going to have the girls being relegated to only second best compared to the guys in cooking, right?
OH&S

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:20 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
This is not going to have the girls being relegated to only second best compared to the guys in cooking, right?

The best cook in the MC's generation is the girl in the colour spread. Does that answer your question?

Really, no one's complained about that aspect in this manga. Everyone's skilled in their own things. There's as many good male cooks as there are good female cooks. Its a non issue.
Kreion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:50 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

Why would you even assume that? Don't make random judgments on a series you haven't read.

Also from that image I'm wondering if Xebec might be doing this series...they did the To-Love Ru anime's after all. The style at least seems to be very similar to the manga's which is good!
SaruDes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:02 am Reply with quote
On MAL is :
According to a scan, a rumored list of possible staff and cast members has been revealed. We will post the official list when it is officially announced.

Staff
Director: Takashi Watanabe
Series Composition: Hiroyuki Yoshino
Studio: Production IMS

Cast
Souma Yukihira: Makoto Furukawa
Erina Nakiri: Sora Amamiya
Megumi Tadokoro: Kana Hanazawa

Source: Shuueisha Comics News, Scan via Tweet

News submitted by Stark700

Shokugeki no Souma on MAL
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1297023#00c0L6HyO8grgrlo.99
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:13 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

Not in the beginning, but some people are beginning to complain about that in some of the more recent chapters. But it's not a huge issue since there are some pretty great female characters.

The art looks fantastic! I was afraid they would try their ow art style which is common in adaptations. I still wish they would reveal the staff and cast though. I'm definitely looking forward to it!
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:21 am Reply with quote
Kreion wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

Why would you even assume that?

Because it's a standard part of the Shonen Jump formula.

Quote:
Don't make random judgments on a series you haven't read.

Asking a question is judgment?
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:53 am Reply with quote
Ahhhhh this is incredibly exciting!!!
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:18 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

I'm not fully caught up with the manga yet (Chapter 60 of about 90 so far) but that hasn't been an issue in what I've read so far. The focus is mainly on the protagonist, Shouma, but the rest of the cast has gotten moments to shine regardless of gender. Megumi, the female lead had one of the best arcs in the series so far, and it's firmly established that Erina (in the visual for the article) is the most skilled and refined chef in Shouma's year by a wide margin.
Kreion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:27 am Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
Kreion wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

Why would you even assume that?

Because it's a standard part of the Shonen Jump formula.

Quote:
Don't make random judgments on a series you haven't read.

Asking a question is judgment?

Not really? I can't think of any SJ series which I have read which fit that formula.,,

For one you're not just asking a question, you're assuming an answer before hand. If you just wanted to ask a question then you could have just said "What's the series like" for example...
Anton Chigurh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:43 am Reply with quote
I hope they give Erina more pet-the-dog moments - like they did to Dio in JOJO'S - because as currently written, that character doesn't work too well.

Also, Megumi Tadokoro character sheets or bust, magazine!
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:12 am Reply with quote
The main thing that people are complaining about in some of the more recent chapters is spoiler[ there are three women in the tournament out of eight people. But none of the women make it to the second round.] (spoilers for current arc) so that could be a bit of an issue in some people's eyes.

But besides that its pretty evenly split.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:23 am Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
The main thing that people are complaining about in some of the more recent chapters is spoiler[ there are three women in the tournament out of eight people. But none of the women make it to the second round.] (spoilers for current arc) so that could be a bit of an issue in some people's eyes.

Although, this is understandable. spoiler[The readers assumed that Alice is going to be the final opponent of Souma. Nobody expected her to be his first opponent, so the "hardest" opponent was defeate; also she her dish missed the character of the main theme, since she trusted too much in her specialization. Arato lost to Hayama because she wanted only to be Erina's number two, and Hayama was aiming to be the best of Tootsuki, so there was a big difference in ambitions. And Tadokoro is still developing and she barely passed through the preliminaries, and her countermeasures against Kurokiba's powerful taste wasn't enough. Not to mention that all these guys who defeated the girls are facing in the final match at each other.]
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:23 am Reply with quote
MajinAkuma wrote:
Cyclone1993 wrote:

Although, this is understandable. spoiler[The readers assumed that Alice is going to be the final opponent of Souma. Nobody expected her to be his first opponent, so the "hardest" opponent was defeated; also her dish missed the character of the main theme, since she trusted too much in her specialization. Arato lost to Hayama because she wanted only to be Erina's number two, and Hayama was aiming to be the best of Tootsuki, so there was a big difference in ambitions. And Tadokoro is still developing and she barely passed through the preliminaries, and her countermeasures against Kurokiba's powerful taste wasn't enough. Not to mention that all these guys who defeated the girls are facing in the final match at each other.]
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:39 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

Cooking is what girls do best. Very Happy
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:44 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

Cooking is what girls do best. Very Happy

I can cook better than every woman I know personally.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2