• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Shippers Rejoice! 10,000 Anime Fans Pick Their Favorite Same-Sex Pairings

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:56 pm Reply with quote
While I'm not GL or BL, I find Edward being paired up with Alphonse to be nasty because they're brothers.
Neko-sensei

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:06 pm Reply with quote
What I take from this poll is that the male respondents were fine with female or male same-sex couples, but female respondents were only really interested in male same-sex couples. I have no idea what conclusion to draw.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Mio x Ritsu and Mikoto x Kuroko are the pairings that I like most from this poll because of their polar characteristics. Smile

My other favorite same-sex pairings are Nanoha x Fate from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and Himeko x Chikane from Kannazuki no Miko: Destiny of the Shrine Maiden.
momopeach

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Neko-sensei wrote:
What I take from this poll is that the male respondents were fine with female or male same-sex couples, but female respondents were only really interested in male same-sex couples. I have no idea what conclusion to draw.

Not quite sure how you got that conclusion. The top eight for both were opposite sex same sex couples, with the couples of the same sex as the respondent were towards the middle or bottom.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:30 pm Reply with quote
I am sorry but I just totally fail to understand 90% of these pairing.

I just do not understand how people could come up with these when the characters give pretty much no indication they are like that.

Also I am sorry but why the heck can't these characters just be friends, I mean I know supernatural fandom does this A LOT but there is something called friendship and being family that has nothing to do with physical contact at all.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:32 pm Reply with quote
How about Gochiusa with Chiya x Cocoa or Rize x Sharo?
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:44 pm Reply with quote
No Sakura x Tomoyo and Touya x Yukito (Cardcaptor Sakura)? Subaru x Seishirou (Tokyo Babylon and X)? Fai x Kurogane (Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle)? Tsukasa x Subaru (.hack//SIGN. Since Tsukasa's real life player is a spoiler[girl] it still counts)?
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Thrilled Akihisa and Yuji made that list. Honestly, that running gag makes me laugh every time.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Usagi-kun wrote:
Thrilled Akihisa and Yuji made that list. Honestly, that running gag makes me laugh every time.

While I do see gag and its evidence, I ship Akihisa with Himeji.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:06 pm Reply with quote
It is nice to see characters from Baka and Test: Summon the Beasts show up on this list, and it's a male-male pairing chosen by men, Akihisa Yoshii x Yūji Sakamoto. I'd sooner pair Akihisa either with Toshimitsu Kubo, who has a one-sided gay crush on Akihisa due to a misunderstanding, or, more obviously, Hideyoshi Kinoshita, the (sometimes) crossdressing boy towards whom Akihisa himself has shown some degree of, ahem, "interest". Akihisa often seems to forget that Hideyoshi is a boy, though.

I haven't read the novels, which I know go far beyond what's shown in the anime, but, just based on seeing the anime, Hideyoshi seems to be fairly asexual, or, at the very least, he keeps whatever sexual interest he might have in either girls or guys very close to his (flat but somehow still scandalous if shown) chest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SnaphappyFMA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Um, wow, Takao and Midorima in the NUMBER ONE spot?! Love it!

Gintoki/Hijikata at #4 didn't surprise me, but Kagami/Kuroko at #7 did. I guess they're the obvious pairing from Kuroko no Basuke, but I prefer Kuroko/Aomine (which was #27 on the main list).

Kind of surprised by Kageyama/Hinata at #3, but only because Hinata just looks too young for, well, romantic activities. Okita/Hijikata at #12 was kind of funny to me - I've never imagined them together. Very Happy

And Naruto/Sasuke came in at #18?! I would've expected them to be higher on the list. Shocked
Lusbox

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Usagi-kun wrote:

Didn't notice til your comment, then had to go back and check. Love that show, such a great pairing Laughing
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
How about Gochiusa with Chiya x Cocoa or Rize x Sharo?

Now that you mentioned, the male fans didn't really go all shipping crazy on other recent moe titles.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Huh. Apparently no one ships Kyoko and Sayaka from Madoka? Shocked I'm a little surprised at the Kise pairing up there. Pairing him up with people not on his team makes more sense to me than pairing him up with the captain; they just felt so platonic to me.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Edward Elric x Alphonse Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Ugh. This is still going on in the fandom? Really?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5