• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Trouble with Another Forum User: To Ban or Not to Ban?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:08 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac is at it again. A few days ago, I reported him to the mods for mocking and bullying another user on the "anime you're watching". Specifically, he was mocking Mr. Oshawott for liking Ai Yori Aoshi (which I haven't even seen). Animegomaniac was using very similar language that he used to mock my love for Madoka in the past, so I reported him. It got deleted, but now he's openly whining about it and claiming he's innocent. So we can only come to two conclusions:

A) He doesn't get it, and/or
B) He doesn't care.

We need to do something about Animegomaniac. Personally, I really, REALLY want him kicked off the forum. He's been almost nothing but a negative influence on this website, and I would prefer it if we finally banned him. What do you think?
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:57 am Reply with quote
Are there belligerent or nasty posts of his that haven't been edited yet that you can show us? I've noticed that he has gotten into some scuffles with people lately but I don't know how bad the situation is.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:02 am Reply with quote
Something weird is going on. You managed to post this thread 14 times. Similar weird thing happened in the Char Guessing game thread aswell. The end is nigh?
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:16 am Reply with quote
^
It's just an annoying forum glitch, nothing more.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Something weird is going on. You managed to post this thread 14 times. Similar weird thing happened in the Char Guessing game thread aswell. The end is nigh?

Yes, I was the one that reported on that problem, I think it's fixed.

But back on topic: Did you PM any moderator about this issue? Did you PM Tony. K, or Zac regarding that user? Might be a good idea (and a good start) to do that.

EDIT: I thought the name of the user Akane that brought up seem familiar, Akane has brought it up before.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:33 pm Reply with quote
I've dealt with a couple of posts that were in question.

Both times, it essentially came down to someone saying they liked something using a particular paragraph/sentence structure, followed by Animegomaniac's reply taking most of that same structure and turning the praise into dislike.

In those particular cases, I felt it was a bit of a jab to the original users, and that Animegomaniac was slightly mocking the user and belittling their opinions because of a difference in opinion.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course. And you can absolutely dislike whatever you want. But singling out or making things personal is where I draw the line. You'd be surprised at how even a little subtlety can still get your points across, without making you seem like an ass.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1