• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shinobu Kaitani's Liar Game Manga Ends in January

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:30 am Reply with quote
Oh wow. I've been following this series for awhile now but it's finally ending? I can't say I'm too surprised about this news though. Still sad to see it go soon..

Hope this gets an anime adaptation in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ryusui

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:46 am Reply with quote
Having fan translated chapters 98-113 (and suffered through TDX's gibberish version of 114 and onward), I wish there was an official English release translated by someone who actually knows what passes for good English writing.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:55 am Reply with quote
Kind of surprised we haven't gotten this here. It seems like it would do well with American manga fans.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:17 am Reply with quote
I've enjoyed this manga. I knew it was approaching its end and while I'll be sad to see it go because of Akiyama's thinking, but I'm glad to see it go on a good note.
Crez

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:43 am Reply with quote
I actually can't really accept this!

I've been following this for about 5 years, and the final arc isn't up to standards!

I wanted a full out battle between Akiyama and Yokoya without all the morons around, but this game has been so anti-climactic!

I am so sad! This has been my absolute favorite manga for so many years and it's ending like this. . . . I will cry while reading!

Also! I want an official translation so that I can finally buy them!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:03 am Reply with quote
As something who hasn't been following the series, why is the title called "Liar Game"?
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:06 am Reply with quote
That reminds me, I need to watch the J-drama and K-drama adaptation.

Stark700 wrote:
Oh wow. I've been following this series for awhile now but it's finally ending? I can't say I'm too surprised about this news though. Still sad to see it go soon..

Hope this gets an anime adaptation in the future.

I'm not sure if this will get an anime adaptation, but you can watch the J-drama adaptation on Crunchyroll, and the K-drama adaptation on SoompiTV.

Kadmos1 wrote:
As something who hasn't been following the series, why is the title called "Liar Game"?

Well because it's the spoiler[name of a tournament where contestants are encouraged to cheat and lie to obtain other contestants' money, with the losing ones forced to bear a debt proportional to their losses].

It's kinda help if you use Wikipedia (or any internet source) instead of just asking people around.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nakano

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Great series! An official release would be great to have! I am watching the Korean version currently. So far I prefer the Japanese style, though. Now that the series is to be concluded, wishing a new movie or even a season 3 with or without Nao-chan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1