• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail Manga's Tartarus Arc to End in January

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:08 am Reply with quote
Ah interesting news. Honestly, I'm not a fan of the filler arc so glad to know this will be animated soon.

Definitely looking to see how this arc will conclude.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mizerous

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:16 am Reply with quote
Let's hope we get to see the start of this arc before the anime returns to filler.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:38 am Reply with quote
Those are good news, and not-so-much at the same time.
Good news since it'll be animated (dis goona b gud);
Not-so-much since it practically leaves no space available to continue animating the series, forcing A-1 to either wait with fillers (a la Naruto episodes 135-220), or end the anime series and return when there's enough material (a la the first Fairy Tail anime).
Drunk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:26 am Reply with quote
Well, it was kinda obvious that the current arc is nearing its end and I wouldn't be surprised if the next arc will be the last. There is not much story left to tell.
vashthekaizoku

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:00 am Reply with quote
I just want to know if one of the one-shots is the one where spoiler[Juvia goes around having wild fantasies, including the image of Gajeel/Levy kissing that made all the fans scream "Mashimo's supporting our ship!"]

I know people who will be very excited if that's the case.
Miskos3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:46 am Reply with quote
vashthekaizoku wrote:
I just want to know if one of the one-shots is the one where spoiler[Juvia goes around having wild fantasies, including the image of Gajeel/Levy kissing that made all the fans scream "Mashimo's supporting our ship!"]

I know people who will be very excited if that's the case.
Yup, that's the one, entitled "413 days"
Zagnaphein

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:56 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Those are good news, and not-so-much at the same time.
Good news since it'll be animated (dis goona b gud);
Not-so-much since it practically leaves no space available to continue animating the series, forcing A-1 to either wait with fillers (a la Naruto episodes 135-220), or end the anime series and return when there's enough material (a la the first Fairy Tail anime).

Between the Current Arc and the Tartatus arc there is a mid range arc (including the fillers) we can have plenty of Story to animate. Plus the 3 One shots Plus some fillers (i dont mind fillers i just skip them Razz).

And since the way the manga goes it is probably the last arc in the manga that's comming i guess they will focu son it for a full dledge animation!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:00 am Reply with quote
In terms of ships, I think it's obvious Lucy/Natsu is the likely the most popular and possibly a big reason why many fans enjoy the series.
vladthetransilvanian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:04 am Reply with quote
Glad the Tartarus arc is getting animated. Including the Sun village arc the the fillers, it should have enough space for when it reaches the next arc(a break wouldn't be bad either)

I couldn't stand the current arc in the anime. Fairy Tail fillers truly shine when their episodic, rather than when they try to tell a continuous story.
mak123

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:18 am Reply with quote
So, final arc incoming?
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Ah interesting news. Honestly, I'm not a fan of the filler arc so glad to know this will be animated soon.

Definitely looking to see how this arc will conclude.

well i kinda liked the celestial spirit rebellion arc. kinda reminded me of the zanpactou rebellion arc. sure its not as good as the infinity clock arc but its definitely a good filler arc. and its better than the daphne arc for sure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
j Talbain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:55 pm Reply with quote
123 wrote:
So, final arc incoming?

Yes the rest of this filler will be concluded. Then they are going to do some of the one shots then the current arc. So probably a month and a half two months before the new arc gets animated.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:39 pm Reply with quote
By the # of chapters, looks/is to be around 26 episodes.
Mizerous

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:13 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
By the # of chapters, looks/is to be around 26 episodes.

Pfft for Tartaros it's going to be near 40 episodes.
Mizmow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:18 am Reply with quote
j Talbain wrote:
123 wrote:
So, final arc incoming?

Yes the rest of this filler will be concluded. Then they are going to do some of the one shots then the current arc. So probably a month and a half two months before the new arc gets animated.

I think 123 meant the manga. It is indeed likely the next manga arc might be the last as it would be the third of the announced story parts.
On the other hand, the whole Zeref thing could easily become very long and Mashima could include several stages and side stories to it.

As for the anime, it's the same as with most other long-running series, including One Piece, Naruto, Bleach. Their quality could be vastly improved if they were moved to a fortnightly schedule. But that is obviously not the priority for those studios.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2