• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sakuracon 2015: Kana Ueda Interview + Fan Q&A

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassgs435

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:23 am Reply with quote
Quote:
In one of the earlier episodes, Rin and Shiro go to Illya asking for help and then Illya dramatically dies

I've read the source material, so I allready knew this was coming. However, it's still a major spoiler for the people who are watching the anime and didn't read the visual novel
Couldn't there have been an spoiler warning or something?
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:36 am Reply with quote
Wow. Reading this (and other recent interviews elsewhere) compared to English VAs really shows how much more love and care the Seiyuu put into their characters. Also nice to hear that about Takayama Minami. She's awesome
jl07045

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:44 am Reply with quote
I think readers should be warned that one of the answers spoils a character's fate in an upcoming episode.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:54 am Reply with quote
I added a spoiler warning.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:46 pm Reply with quote
actually its not much of a spoiler if people have seen the movie or have played the UBW route in the VN.

Quote:
In one of the earlier episodes, Rin and Shiro go to Illya asking for help and then Illya dramatically dies.
and is one part of this route i as well as some fans who have played the VN dislike the most about this route and prefer the fate route.

definitely a bigger poed moment than yufie from code geass getting axed by her own beloved brother.

And what's worse,spoiler[ they allow psycho prick shinji to live instead?]

Sure shiro's more of a badass in the UBW route and its all about spoiler[his future self] Archer & Rin , and the whole harem aspect in the fate route rubbed off some of the type moon faithful, but if they wanted to do that aspect,it would have been better if they had just did the TV series with the Heaven's Feel route or even FSN's sequel Fate Hollow Ataraxia.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:23 pm Reply with quote
@jr0904. Not everyone saw DEENworks and some UBW watchers are anime-only and/or Fate/Zero secondaries.

Reading the Q&A, I am pleasantly surprised at the amount of Saki fans. Would love to be able to see a R1 licensor get that series.
konqueror

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:45 pm Reply with quote
I've always loved not only her cute voice and roles, but she is also a wonderful person, very polite and conscious of her work and fans. It's quite pleasant to read this interview and try to imagine how cool that panel should have been.

Recently, she said on her twitter account that she's happy to be on TV again with so many roles (Fate, Nanoha, Gunslinger and Downton Abbey).

I wish the animation business stopped focusing only in how young or good-looking the voice actors in general are... I'm a bit tired of hearing Amamiya Sora and Matsuoka Yoshitsugu in every show.

Zac wrote:
I added a spoiler warning.

Thanks, but could that spoiler be of those you need to select text to highlight the paragraph?
Via_01

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
A lot of other studios draw the art first and then the voice actors have to give it a voice to bring it to life. However, with ufotable they record the voice actors and then they animate it. They match it to the voice actor's acting for the animation. So, I believe because they're matching it with my acting, they're able to bring Rin to life even more.

Oh? So Ufotable actually does it this way? That's pretty interesting to know. Most studios don't do this because it's pretty hard on their schedule, so it's nice to know that Ufotable is putting so much effort into the show.
luisedgarf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:09 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Do you have any messages to your fans in the West?

Not to be nitpicking, but since the interview was made in the U.S., should the question should be for the American fans instead, instead of shoehorning all the western world on this?
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:40 am Reply with quote
luisedgarf wrote:
Quote:
Do you have any messages to your fans in the West?

Not to be nitpicking, but since the interview was made in the U.S., should the question should be for the American fans instead, instead of shoehorning all the western world on this?

There's a lot of English-speaking fans from the "West" that frequent here, not just US fans, IIRC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
luisedgarf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:52 am Reply with quote
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:

There's a lot of English-speaking fans from the "West" that frequent here, not just US fans, IIRC.

Except that interview was made in an American con.
Dian Z

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:24 am Reply with quote
I agree on the 'highlighting spoilers', because I don't want other people who haven't seen UBW film or played the route to accidentally read on any 'important word' of it... like me Anime cry
(though honestly I read it on because the warning said Fate/Stay Night, not Fate/Stay Night UBW. Yeah, I don't pay attention to the 'new season' thing)

Anyway, it seems that she's got such an interesting personality. I'm surprised she's pretty knowledgeable and provided lengthy and seemingly passionate answers to those varied questions (regardless of those questions about the many roles she had).

I also just knew that Ufotable adopts western's technique of animating-after-recording production. Fascinating.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:00 am Reply with quote
luisedgarf wrote:
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:

Except that interview was made in an American con.

Yes, but it was probably conducted in a private room away from the con specifically for this website, not a panel that only people physically at the con could see. I mean, you're here, after all, so obviously assuming that only people in the USA come to this website would be wrong?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:37 am Reply with quote
I wonder how much she remembers doing 001 in the Cyborg 009 (2001 version).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1