• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Days BL Manga Gets 2 Live-Action Film Adaptations

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:14 pm Reply with quote
HOLY CRAP. This is amazing, and this manga is in like, my top five for BL. I can't wait for these to come out.
RazzBerrieCharm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:30 pm Reply with quote
It's getting two?!!

OMG! This is awesome! Very Happy Can't wait!!
nekolain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:37 am Reply with quote
Announced now and coming out in June? That's a really quick turn around. Is it usually that fast?
katscradle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:49 am Reply with quote
I saw something about this before. Interesting that lately there have been many adaptations of BL titles I actually know. People have been asking Digital Manga about reprinting the manga too because of of the films (though the 1st volume was reprinted once already). So it was at least moderately popular in English. Which is saying something since the titles with low sexual content apparently don't sell well in the North American market. Seven Days is a very nice love story.

I may check these movies out.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:58 pm Reply with quote
nekolain wrote:
Announced now and coming out in June? That's a really quick turn around. Is it usually that fast?

They announced this a while ago. (Still a pretty quick release though)
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:40 am Reply with quote
I hope this means DMP will reprint it. I thought I'd bought it, but it turns out I haven't, and the prices on the secondary market are now ridiculous.
katscradle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:54 am Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
I hope this means DMP will reprint it. I thought I'd bought it, but it turns out I haven't, and the prices on the secondary market are now ridiculous.

That's too bad. You're not alone. Maybe at least there are eBooks? https:Seven Days

I'll cross my fingers it's reprinted (but they've got so many books OOP). Juné has the series on their reprint list, but they also said there doesn't seem to be that high of demand because it took years to sell out. I wonder though. The first printing of volume 1 wasn't available a full year. I had to wait for the reprint that did happen to get a copy of it. Before that the prices were very high on the secondary market for it too. The first volume is also the #1 bestseller in Kindle LGBT manga right now. I wonder if the movie announcements have anything to do with that?

I swear the nicest series I'd want to suggest to people end up being a pain to buy. Anime cry
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I've learnt the hard way to buy DMP stuff as soon as it's released these days, lest you suffer later. Even if it's only something I'm vaguely interested in, I'll buy it and can then sell it on later....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1