• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Book Stores Claim Hunter x Hunter is Finally 'Finished'

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Lol finished? I don't think so but I'd love to see the series return from hiatus someday.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:06 pm Reply with quote
I don't blame them, it pretty much is, except the last episode of the last volume which opens a new arc the previous is a neat open conclusion that ends in the same spot of the anime. I'll read any new chapters, but more as an extra than other thing.
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Lol finished? I don't think so but I'd love to see the series return from hiatus someday.

Am i the only one who thinks Togashi is taking hiatuses foe genuine reasons? Like the man almost died from doing Hakusho, can you imagine the mental scares that must've caused. And i know first hand how hard it is without assisstants, im lucky to pump out 5 pages a week
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Maybe that's the intent: label the series as "complete" to shame him into producing it on something approaching a regular schedule.
Jajanken

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:13 pm Reply with quote
The hell is this shit?
garlogan78

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Book Off also sells up to the current volume in sets. When I was in Japan you could buy vol 1-7 of WataMote and Vol 1-whatever was current of Shingeki no Kyojin, etc.

Though they weren't labeled as "complete/finished" sets.
Madoka...AYUKAWA!

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:22 pm Reply with quote
This would be good riddance if true.

Whatever, this con, this pseudo-mangaka shames actual pro mangaka that give it their all to their passion and fans.

DontmesswithKarma wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

Am i the only one who thinks Togashi is taking hiatuses foe genuine reasons? Like the man almost died from doing Hakusho, can you imagine the mental scares that must've caused. And i know first hand how hard it is without assisstants, im lucky to pump out 5 pages a week

Of course, only new fans in the medium could not realize Togashi´s nature and plenty of lies throughout his shameful "career".

This guy is a LUCKY lazy as*h*le.

He does have talent for story telling at the least, he is the worst artist when it comes to drawing, but lucky to have fans eating on his palm and have a very powerful wife. He is getting away with the lazy life he want, he can of course, but with his money and his wifes´, this pseudo-mangaka should just retire already.

Last edited by Madoka...AYUKAWA! on Sun May 10, 2015 4:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:23 pm Reply with quote
could this mean that shounen jump have finally decided to cancel the manga? Although ill be sad..... this could give Togashi the push he needs to do what Toriyama is doing. Write the scripts, leave Madhouse animate
flackenstien

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:27 pm Reply with quote
I think the book store is more just selling what is currently out as a collection..
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:29 pm Reply with quote
just need few more chapters for a new vol. lol
Book stores have no saying on when/show a manga is going to finish anyway.
Madoka...AYUKAWA!

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:33 pm Reply with quote
flackenstien wrote:
I think the book store is more just selling what is currently out as a collection..

Highly possible.

But how wonderful it would be that this lazy shameful guy already was kicked in the butt out of the industry as it should have happened LONG LONG ago.

I've enjoyed HxH anime, I aint really a fan of HxH and much less a follower of the manga, but this guys attitude is just infuriating when we have other mangakas giving it their all, respecting fans at least at the minimum you expect of professionals.
Robbybulidjetliner

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Well the guy is sick and old ,probably doesn't the energy to do more.
Hospodar

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:39 pm Reply with quote
The interesting thing is this:

Quote:
BookOff and other Japanese bookstores have labelled Hunter X Hunter "finished"]

If it would be just ONE book chain/store than it wouldn’t be a big deal. However the coordination between multiple different bookstores/chains implies that they know something that we don’t
Anton Chigurh

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:41 pm Reply with quote
HXH is my favorite adventure Shonen manga, and I'm fine with this.

HXH has always been about Togashi taking the genre's cliches and tropes and twisting them in his own design, and the series ending with spoiler[the Hunter association planning a trip to what is basically Hell on Earth and never actually taking the trip] fits well with his MO. Some stories need actual endings, and some others just need to stop. HXH belongs to the latter, but in a good way. Let it live on in the immortality of fiction.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:44 pm Reply with quote
This guy makes Rob Liefeld look timely. It's done.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4