• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Durarara!!×2 Season Unveils Song Performers, More Cast, Date, Visual

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see that Durarara!!×2 has not been cancelled after the disappointing discs sales of the first cour. I also hope this second cour has better animation than the first one.
Random 21

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Dem goggles. It appears after everyone said BBB was like DRRR, it's DRRR's turn to be like BBB.

Still super excited for this. For the many flaws the first cour had, I still loved it and looked forward to it every week, hopefully the direction and animation will pick up.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:47 pm Reply with quote
I thought the 1st cour (Shō) was pretty alright, overall. July 4th is Saturday, like Shō's air day.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:48 pm Reply with quote
hopefully it's a lot better than the last season; those episodes were just aimless.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:49 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Glad to see that Durarara!!×2 has not been cancelled after the disappointing discs sales of the first cour. I also hope this second cour has better animation than the first one.

I think everything's already set in stone as far as the release schedule goes so unless something really bad happens I doubt this or the one after this one will be cancelled regardless of disk sales.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
I think everything's already set in stone as far as the release schedule goes so unless something really bad happens I doubt this or the one after this one will be cancelled regardless of disk sales.

I also think that the 3 cours will be made regardless of how disc sales go. But I imagine the production committee is not happy that Durarara!! is apparently no longer a hot commodity in Japan.
Via_01

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 1:07 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

I mean, they weren't as good as the first season, but an average of around 6000 sales is still good... At least way above the average.

Still, pretty excited about this.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Via_01 wrote:
but an average of around 6000 sales is still good... At least way above the average.

You are right; 6k is good. But they are disappointing compared to the 18k season 1 averaged.
Jajanken

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 1:26 pm Reply with quote
YES I loved White of Crime ans I can't wait to hear Mikado's song.
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 2:25 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
But I imagine the production committee is not happy that Durarara!! is apparently no longer a hot commodity in Japan.

They have no one to blame but themselves for producing such a limp adaptation. It's not like the events of the story weren't exciting, but things were dragged out way too long.
god45

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:
But I imagine the production committee is not happy that Durarara!! is apparently no longer a hot commodity in Japan.

They have no one to blame but themselves for producing such a limp adaptation. It's not like the events of the story weren't exciting, but things were dragged out way too long.
you know should be a little more grateful if was not for studio shuka we would never have gotten a second season of durarara so yeah it not there fault
god45

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 2:49 pm Reply with quote
by the way anyone else notice the the number 3 in this visual because I do
Calculus20

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 2:51 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
hopefully it's a lot better than the last season; those episodes were just aimless.

It's called "build-up." That's Narita's style. He always makes seemingly unlike plot threads at the beginning of a story and then they slowly intertwine and converge near the end. This is all leading up to the endgame which will be in the third cour and everything will start to make sense from as early as the first season. You can already kind of see in the first cour of season 2 how the yellow squares were brought back into the game when we introduced to them in season 1. It just gets better from this point in the novels from what I've read.
anddo

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:10 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[I really hope Izaya survived.]
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Anddo wrote:
spoiler[I really hope Izaya survived.]

spoiler[He does.]

And I want to say that part of the reason why the sales were lower than expected are because maybe people are waiting to buy the full package, when the entirety of season 2 is available on DVD/Bluray. At least, that's what I will be doing when it's released here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2