• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Love Live! Mobile Game Fest Draws 40,000 Attendees

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
7jaws7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Impressive, considering in the long run fans will spend more on this game than they would if it were on something like PS Vita.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:55 pm Reply with quote
This is the sad future of gaming people, if you didn't believe me before, you can stop being skeptical now. The smartphone was a mistake.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Once again, congratulations to Love Live! Love the game so much for its funny story and catchy music. Smile
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:50 pm Reply with quote
I really do wish they'd stop Bowdlerizing the story and characters. For her birthday bio, they honestly tried to claim that Nozomi "often tickles" the other girls. Do they think that many people unfamiliar with the rest of the franchise play the game that they can get away with something so damn obvious?
Ejc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:27 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if people have seen the semi-finals and finals of the Sukufesu (the JP game abbreviation) competition that was held on June 7th on the 2nd day of the event?

There were 3 male and 1 female participants in the Group A, B and C semi-finals, and the finals also had 3 male and 1 female participants. The female finalist is in fact a high school girl herself... so this really debunks the common misconception in the Western community that Love Live!'s fanbase only consists of male otaku.
Evernessince

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:35 am Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
This is the sad future of gaming people, if you didn't believe me before, you can stop being skeptical now. The smartphone was a mistake.

Smartphones are great for quick little games that require only fleeting distraction. Otherwise I would want to play any smartphone game as if it's the only thing I'm concentrating on. No, the future of gaming is going to be like The witcher 3 and even eventually virtual reality. The visuals, sound, and immersion of playing games on a dedicated PC or console is far about anything a mobile device will be able to produce.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:39 am Reply with quote
40,000 over 2 days is quite a lot, given the type of event.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:58 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
40,000 over 2 days is quite a lot, given the type of event.

Such stats are also impressive if you count events like Anime Expo and Comiket. While this is great from a business standpoint, there's also the issue of selling bootleg stuff and the fact that it gets crowded.
superunature

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:

personally, this is something I would play when for example, on a train/bus, waiting for my meals in resturant, or any other time where I would otherwise have nothing to do for few minutes. I have little to no interests in full blown console/pc games, and mobile games is catered to people who are like me who only wants something quick to kill time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1