• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NieR New Project Reunites NieR Staff for Followup Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jajanken

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Hype
Otaking09

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Though Nier's game design was... polarizing, the story's grip on pathos (not to mention Yoko's love for using the New Game + gimmick so inventively), made Nier's surprisingly simple story so resounding and memorable.
I'm guessing having Platinum is to prevent any erroneous design from interrupting the soul, so best of luck to Taro and his colleagues.

In all seriousness though, I am dead surprised that they're making a sequel to this. More surprised that we might see it localized since this game's niche audience rivals SWERY''s.
These guys typically don't make games that are geared to sell... I don't mean to sound skeptical, but I only hope Taro's touch won't be lost.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Cool. Nier is fun and weird, if a bit too simple in level design and gameplay. And I didn't know the composer for Nier also did Yuki Yuna, although that explains a lot.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:36 pm Reply with quote
i like how theres almost nothing in this trailer but some really vague scenery... yet im just as excited for this if not more than KH3 and FFXIII
macattack

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:08 am Reply with quote
Nier had one of the best stories I have ever seen from a video game. It was a shame the gameplay was a bit of a chore, but the story was absolutely incredible and it became quite heartbreaking the more you did the New Game+, right down to the final choice you made.

Seeing a sequel emerge completely unexpectedly, and with an accomplished developer like Platinum behind it, is easily some of the best news I have heard out of video games all year. Hopefully Platinum's typically excellent fighting game engines meshes with Yoko Taro's wonderfully crazy, poignant visions to create another classic, but on all fronts this time, not just with a story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1