• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aquarion Logos Anime's 2nd Promo Video Previews Theme Song by May'n

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
itachi06103570

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:43 am Reply with quote
Love the series but still seems weird that I'm not hearing akino and bless 4 doing the theme. I mean I'm all for new stuff but it just seems to me that akino and bless 4 is made for aquarion. I'll still watch it though because of my love for the series as a whole.
Chaos Wings

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:50 am Reply with quote
I was feeling pretty optimistic about this new Aquarion, but after watching the 2nd PV my enthusiasm has all but disappeared. It's not that Logos looks bad per se, it just feels so rudimentary.

I'm not sold on the voice cast either, the characters come across as a little bit irritating the two 'mains' especially. Though admittedly I can't say for sure until I actually see the first episode.

After seeing them again, I've also joined the general consensus that the character design's look terrible, They really are quite unimpressive.

Everything just seems to be going against Aquarion Logos at the moment, hopefully I'm wrong but only time will tell.
ChrisA15

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:15 am Reply with quote
How can they accept such poor character designs, the character designs of Genesis of Aquarion are much better then these ones and that came out 10 years ago. The more they show this off the worse it seems to get, I will watch it for the storys sake but I expect that if my eyes aren't bleeding from the poor CDs then my ears will be from the irrating VAs. Massive Downgrade from AE especially as it seems there is no Akino + Bless4.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:36 am Reply with quote
10 bucks on Funimation gets this and gives it a broadcast dub this summer.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:47 pm Reply with quote
oh god theyre really going through with this?

there goes my hope that it would get stuck in development hell and not see the light of day.

The first aquarion was incredible, the second started ok but just didn't have enough steam to 'keep going' as it got more ludicrous/silly but it overall wasnt a bad... err horrible run.

The characters look like a dime a dozen but hey who knows maybe it'll be good?
yeah i dont really think that either

the only thing i'm looking forward to seeing is Gen Fudo in (hopefully) another wacky costume and that vampire girl messing with the kids. Though i swear to God if they dont have them both in this one then its doomed to fail, doomed I say
Jedi Master Kirito

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:22 pm Reply with quote
As long as I get to shout, "Go! Aquarion!" at least once an episode, I shall be happy.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:39 pm Reply with quote
I was also looking forward to this somewhat. The franchise has a habit of being terrible on paper, but somehow pulling through. So I was ready to give this Aquarion a swing, but that PV. Something about it is just unpleasant in the art and execution.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:28 pm Reply with quote
I don't know, the last sequel/reimage was weird enough. Vega needs women thing.

This must be complete reboot, but it's still weird. I'll still watch it, but what heck...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1