• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' Ends Additional Screenings in N. America With US$8.4 Million

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xchampion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this means that when they release the next movie in a few years that it will get a wide release in theaters and not a limited one. It could have made more money if they did that for Resurrection F. Or its possible 20th Century Fox might want to have more control over the movies release. It's a possibility.
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:26 pm Reply with quote
I predicted the movie would come out in October, and I was right. Is this releasing overseas first before Japan since the BD has no release date yet?
SaiyamanMS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Great to hear that 'F' is doing so great! Now, where's our Super simulcast already? Razz
KH91 wrote:
Is this releasing overseas first before Japan since the BD has no release date yet?

The Japanese home release is set for October 7th.
methedemon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:18 pm Reply with quote
great success. Hopefully next one will do even better.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:14 am Reply with quote
XChampion wrote:
Hopefully this means that when they release the next movie in a few years that it will get a wide release in theaters and not a limited one. It could have made more money if they did that for Resurrection F. Or its possible 20th Century Fox might want to have more control over the movies release. It's a possibility.

While that's something I'd love to see happen, I don't think it's pretty likely. There was an Answerman column pretty recently that explained that to get movies into theaters requires being friends with people in the theater business, and the costs of putting these movies there are insanely high.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1