Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pan de Peace! 4-Panel Manga About Bread-Loving Girls Gets TV Anime




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Rederoin



Joined: 29 May 2013
Posts: 1416
Location: Europa
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:27 am Reply with quote
Bless Japan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kadmos1



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 12409
Location: In Phoenix but has an 85308 ZIP
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:21 am Reply with quote
And with this we get another pseudo-GL anime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rederoin



Joined: 29 May 2013
Posts: 1416
Location: Europa
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:25 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
And with this we get another pseudo-GL anime.

Bless Japan twice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Hameyadea



Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 3679
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:30 am Reply with quote
This 4-koma gag manga took less than a volume to get an adaptation! Must be some kind of record. I'm guessing it will probably be a short-form one, unless it'll be with a lot of anime-original content to fill up the airtime of a 25-minutes window.

Also, the similarities
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rederoin



Joined: 29 May 2013
Posts: 1416
Location: Europa
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:47 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
This 4-koma gag manga took less than a volume to get an adaptation! Must be some kind of record. I'm guessing it will probably be a short-form one, unless it'll be with a lot of anime-original content to fill up the airtime of a 25-minutes window.

Wakakaba girl is also only 1 volume(finished publishing), probably the same for a lot of other shorts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Hameyadea



Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 3679
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:57 am Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
Wakakaba girl is also only 1 volume(finished publishing), probably the same for a lot of other shorts.


While it's true that Wakaba*Girl got animated after getting 1 volume, as you wrote it finished publishing already, and the anime adaptation is airing some 2 years later. This manga is still ongoing, and unless this series will wrap-up soon, the anime will adapt a still-ongoing material, which is different than having the story completed and then animating. It can be compared to the anime adaptations of Naruto and One Piece (ongoing), and Kiseijū Sei no Kakuritsu or Monster (finished publishing prior to the anime).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rederoin



Joined: 29 May 2013
Posts: 1416
Location: Europa
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:56 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Rederoin wrote:
Wakakaba girl is also only 1 volume(finished publishing), probably the same for a lot of other shorts.


While it's true that Wakaba*Girl got animated after getting 1 volume, as you wrote it finished publishing already, and the anime adaptation is airing some 2 years later. This manga is still ongoing, and unless this series will wrap-up soon, the anime will adapt a still-ongoing material, which is different than having the story completed and then animating. It can be compared to the anime adaptations of Naruto and One Piece (ongoing), and Kiseijū Sei no Kakuritsu or Monster (finished publishing prior to the anime).

Not sure what you mean by that.
These kind of manga have little to no story, they can't be compared to those kind of manga.

Adapting ongoing manga also happens with 95%+ of the adaptions.. so ye..?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Hameyadea



Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 3679
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:05 am Reply with quote
I'm referring mainly to their feel, pacing and fillers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John Hayabusa



Joined: 30 May 2012
Posts: 1264
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:22 am Reply with quote
Looks like Koufuku Graffiti with Bread. Will watch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tsukumiyomi



Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Posts: 18
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
And with this we get another pseudo-GL anime.


Just call it GL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stark700



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 11498
Location: Earth
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Seeing this series makes me hungry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hellsoldier



Joined: 21 Jun 2013
Posts: 463
Location: Porto,Portugal,Europe,Earth,Sol
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:42 am Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:
And with this we get another pseudo-GL anime.

Bless Japan twice.


I'd actually prefer the real thing, but okay. I'll run with it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group