• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Offers Broadcast Dubs for Dance with Devils, Shomin Sample, Heavy Object

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:33 pm Reply with quote
The big question on everyone's mind (Well, mine at least) is:

Will One-Punch Man get a dub?
John Thacker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Dance with Devils? I wonder how easy it will be for them to dub all the musical numbers.
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Dance probably will be like Show By Rock dub songs in home release and subbed for broadcast
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:39 pm Reply with quote
FireballDragon wrote:

Will One-Punch Man get a dub?

Viz has not yet released a show sub only, so yeah, its extremely likely
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Since funimation has started to dable in sub only releases I was worried shomin sample would be one of those titles so this is fantastic news Anime smile Many great shows that I can't wait till the blurays and dubs release Very Happy
livinew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Why isn't DB Super dubbed yet? They have time to dub these shows but not Dragonball? Question
DDragonking

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:03 pm Reply with quote
livinew wrote:
Why isn't DB Super dubbed yet? They have time to dub these shows but not Dragonball? Question
They don't have Super they would if they could but they don't because of Toei. Anyway knew Noragami and Seraph would be dubbed glad to see shomin and heavy object on the broadcast dubs
Omens1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Well, I am looking forward for the Attack on Titan Junior High simul-dub.
Hope the quality is as good as the main series
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to the English version of Shomin Sample.
I'm curious to see how a boy will survive in an all-girls school without a love interest towards anyone there...
navycherub

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:12 pm Reply with quote
I am actually pretty disappointed all the DubbleTalk shows are basically sequels of some sort. I like all of them, but there is nothing cool to look forward to there.
Knight-Hart

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:20 pm Reply with quote
The one downside to the SimulDubs is that they don't seem to be releasing BluRays as well.
traveling

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:23 pm Reply with quote
This is actually pretty good for Shimon since there are no good subs available.

navycherub wrote:
I am actually pretty disappointed all the DubbleTalk shows are basically sequels of some sort. I like all of them, but there is nothing cool to look forward to there.

What are you talking about? Only two of these shows are sequels, and most of the shows they've dubbed this year have been the first entries into a series.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:24 pm Reply with quote
I was beginning to wonder if Funimation had given up on simulcast dubs, but I am glad to see more of them being made.

When I read the headline I thought, what? they are not doing a simulcast dub for Noragami Aragoto? are they crazy?

I might check out the dub for Noragami Aragoto because I enjoyed the one for the first season.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Knight-Hart wrote:
The one downside to the SimulDubs is that they don't seem to be releasing BluRays as well.

True, Laughing Under The Clouds should've been released on home video by now here. The exception Funi has is Space Dandy.

As far as Bryce reprising his role as Eren, he might have to record from a home studio since his daughter was born early last month.
navycherub

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:51 pm Reply with quote
traveling wrote:
What are you talking about? Only two of these shows are sequels, and most of the shows they've dubbed this year have been the first entries into a series.

I'm referring specifically to the new DubbleTalk block shows that are running this time around - Attack on Titan, Noragami, and Seraph of the End - not the broadcast dubs as a whole. Previous DubbleTalk blocks have been all or mostly new shows with the occasional sequel (the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Tokyo Ghoul, but I might be forgetting one or two others). I expected Seraph of the End to get on the block again since its first half aired on it, but Attack on Titan isn't even a full episode long using only the animated bit, and topping it off with yet another franchise continuation with Noragami is just kinda lame.

All of the other broadcast dubs are cool in that I will be able to rewatch the whole shows dubbed very soon after they air. The ones that end up on DubbleTalk are more engaging and rewarding to follow along with week to week, so even just throwing one actually new bone in that direction would have been nice. I guess they have to stick with what they know will be hits, though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3