• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
CHUYA-DEN - The Night and Day Chronicles

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:53 pm Reply with quote

CHUYA-DEN looks really lovely and its creator Yoshiko is putting all his energy into the project (despite the language barrier), so it's sad to see that this is getting hardly any media coverage.

So yeah, this is an independent anime that currently on Kickstarter for another 19 hours with $63.000 currently reached (out of $100.000).

This basic story is simple: Day versus night. There's an interesting concept behind the story, however: The length of days and nights changes from day to day just like the whether in our would. That's an idea I really like.

It doesn't have the mainstream appeal of Under the Dog, or the artsyness of animes like Kick-Heart, but there's definitely a lot of love found in CHUYA-DEN.

Anyway, I hope this gets funded. Things are not looking too bringt right now, but the last hours can always change a lot and it looked a lot more grim towards the beginning of the campaign. Fingers crossed.

Here's the link to the Kickstarter page:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1287579779/chuya-den-the-night-and-day-chronicles

For those who are interested, I also recommend checking out the manga about Yoshiko's life, it's very charming and interesting at the same time. You can find those here.

I'm also curious how many of you have heard of CHUYA-DEN before. ANN covered it twice and Tokyo Otaku Mode also mentioned it a couple of times, but I haven't seen it much on other websites much, and not much on social media either.

(By the way, I love the style of this artwork:)

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1