• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Norn9 (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:05 am Reply with quote

Norn9 (TV)

Genres: drama, romance, science fiction
Themes: reverse harem

Plot Summary: The era where great powers of the world have all ventured overseas. Revolution and liberalism spread all over the world. Right when souls and earth are ill, a glowing sphere appeared in the sky, and removed the borders of the world. Three girls and nine young men depart together with a flying ship.
----------------------------------

Airing this season. The PV looked good and I kinda like the soundtrack. Combining sci-fi with a group of guys and romance based on an otome game isn't easy but we might see something surprising.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Whoa, they introduced quite a bit of characters in the first episode. Well anyways, the world fiction part interested me like the starships and stuff. Decent world fiction although story really felt like it dropped me in the middle of nowhere.

And music and animation was fluid. I hope they give some characterization about the rest of the cast especially the main girl. We see some glimpses of her past already by the looks of it...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:33 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

A heroine of a game adaption who along with being soft spoken does not even know her name, that does not bode well. (I am referring to heroine from Amnesia)

Although it does not seem that bad yet. As with my case with a bunch of these shows, it will depend on how much of a personality they can give the heroine, but at the very least it looks like we also have two other female cast members.

Their ship looks like a death-trap, no surprise someone already fell in the first episode. But I do have to say that I think it was cool, the touch like the light going over the statue along the outside made me feel really good, a sense of mystery. Barely related, but flying in that small ship thing into it made me think Bioshock, not just Infinite either which was set in the air. Probably not indicative of anything, but it got me interested. Although that might be somewhat lost from apparently them wearing school uniforms for some reason.

Not stela interested like Kamigami no Asobi, but I am somewhat interested.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:38 am Reply with quote
Halfway through & still don't know what to think.
It looks interesting.
Was made after a game/visual novel & the plot feels like it too.
Relaxed and kinda slow.. with special abilities.
Will give it a try.
phia_one

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1
Those character designs are bland, but the animation and ship design are nice. Koharu didn't annoy me as much as I thought she would. I'm interested in learning about the ship.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:46 am Reply with quote
Episode 2:

Well that was interesting yet the story feels a bit messy. I want to know exactly what those mysterious guys want and the capabilities of their strange weapons.

Also, I think Koharu is starting to fall for her partner already. That was fast. The ED theme song is pretty. I hope the show develops the story a bit more clearer as this episode felt like it dropped me in the middle of a story.
phia_one

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

Is it sad to say that I'm more interested in the story than the otome elements? Some of the interactions seem so forced I was waiting for the box to pop up to let me choose what route I wanted to take.

I'm still on board with this for the time being. It may surprise me.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:17 am Reply with quote
Under attack!
Hmm... mysterious guys and more questions..
Thatspoiler[ little chick making their meal was cute] ^^
They did some strategizing too.
All paired up now ^^
spoiler[Wow, so it's pulling people from different timelines?!]
Very interesting.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:14 am Reply with quote
I was going to insult her for running to protect peach trees, but then she showed that she can actually protect herself. That is kind of different. I guess until she starts moping about what got roasted when she saved the entire ship.

Wouldn't it have made more sense that at least two of the girls get paired up? They did throw in some reasoning that a guy could protect the girl if "the traitor" got revealed, but that is either kind putting down the girls which includes one who actually could defend herself and another that attacked their craft. If anything the guys need the girls. But it also does not make sense in the reasoning anyway because wouldn't that mean they possibly paired up a girl with a traitor if they assume it is one of the majority boys? I was thinking that maybe they could put the girls into a group of 3, which also would have left what I think was 7 boys, but 8 now.
phia_one

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:43 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Wouldn't it have made more sense that at least two of the girls get paired up? They did throw in some reasoning that a guy could protect the girl if "the traitor" got revealed, but that is either kind putting down the girls which includes one who actually could defend herself and another that attacked their craft. If anything the guys need the girls. But it also does not make sense in the reasoning anyway because wouldn't that mean they possibly paired up a girl with a traitor if they assume it is one of the majority boys? I was thinking that maybe they could put the girls into a group of 3, which also would have left what I think was 7 boys, but 8 now.

I thought this at first, too. However, I'm guessing that it was done the way it was so that we can get some of the routes with the other girls.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:37 am Reply with quote
Episode 3:

Ah so we do have a bit of characterization in this show and this week focused more on Kageru. And it turns out, his father was killed but he was spared instead. There's also some flashback regarding Sakuya as well.

Well I hope pacing picks up a bit. It seems that the story focuses on a variety of characters that intersects different routes by the looks of it. Still not much info about the mysterious attackers from previously...hmm.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:25 am Reply with quote
Looks like that ship collects young people from different timelines.
It really is something special.
Having lunch in picnic style ^^
Looks like all of them have some trauma in their past that they're hiding.
Someone on that ship is a possible traitor..
Pretty dramatic episode end.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:39 am Reply with quote
Man, and people thought Divine Gate had a lot of overwrought angst in it. Laughing This is almost exceeding even my limits, and that's saying a lot!

It seemed like we should have visited some other characters in between the two confrontations of the grouchy no-powers guy and his partner. Instead they just jumped from him yelling at her and walking off, to her seeing him meeting someone and him yelling at her some more, with pretty much the same dialog. They didn't really need the first scene at all.

I kinda like the new kid though, so I'll stick it out another week at least. Hopefully our heroine will get a clue soon too, because her vacuous passivity is getting on my nerves. If it wasn't for her (the other girls aren't a whole lot better though), I would probably be enjoying all the angst a lot more. Smile
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:29 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Man, and people thought Divine Gate had a lot of overwrought angst in it. Laughing This is almost exceeding even my limits, and that's saying a lot!

But the peach trees! it is just so sad. Can looking after one make up for it? Regardless she is going to grab the guy for him to see the moment it sprouts.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:22 am Reply with quote
Come quick!

Kinda busy here, restoring all these plants someone burned.

No, you have to come right now and see my peach sprout!!

::drops everything for the promised peach sprouting:: Oh, you meant the seed. ::sigh:: Ok, well, now that I'm here, let me tell you my tragic life story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3