• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal's Kite, GX's Aster & Alexis to Appear in Arc-V

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:43 pm Reply with quote
No Manjoume sanda?!
MetalHunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Between Jack and Crow, and now Aster, Alexis, and Kite, one expects the original generation to show up at some point.
AwaysAnnoyed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Whaaaat?! That certainly was a bolt from the blue. I was not expecting this, and for various reasons. Firstly; YGO Arc V takes place wayyy after GX and Zexal. Now the Arc V characters did dimension hop to the 5Ds world, and it is possible that the two dimensions share the same timeline. But what about GX? That was way before 5Ds, and Zexal was long after 5Ds, so are you telling me that the characters are going to start time-hopping now as well? This is just getting crazy.
Yen50414

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:01 pm Reply with quote
AwaysAnnoyed wrote:
Whaaaat?! That certainly was a bolt from the blue. I was not expecting this, and for various reasons. Firstly; YGO Arc V takes place wayyy after GX and Zexal. Now the Arc V characters did dimension hop to the 5Ds world, and it is possible that the two dimensions share the same timeline. But what about GX? That was way before 5Ds, and Zexal was long after 5Ds, so are you telling me that the characters are going to start time-hopping now as well? This is just getting crazy.

You pointed it out yourself, they're different dimensions. Different dimensions means they don't have to follow the original timeline.
AkaRed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Yen50414 wrote:
AwaysAnnoyed wrote:

You pointed it out yourself, they're different dimensions. Different dimensions means they don't have to follow the original timeline.

You are goddamn right *Walter White voice*

I wonder why they choose them it is because they are the only character available at the time (The other Seiyu are too busy with their agenda) Question
AwaysAnnoyed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Yen50414 wrote:

The only thing that bothers me is Alexis and Aster. Where would they fit in? I'd say in the Fusion dimension, since Fusion was the main summoning method in GX, but Academia's technology is too advanced to fit into the GX world. Anyway I'd expect Duelist Academy to have been from the Standard dimension, if Yuya's indeed from the same world as Yugi. So, making Alexis and Aster natives of the Fusion dimension would just be too far removed from their original setting, I'd say.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:37 pm Reply with quote
AwaysAnnoyed wrote:
Yen50414 wrote:

The only thing that bothers me is Alexis and Aster. Where would they fit in? I'd say in the Fusion dimension, since Fusion was the main summoning method in GX, but Academia's technology is too advanced to fit into the GX world. Anyway I'd expect Duelist Academy to have been from the Standard dimension, if Yuya's indeed from the same world as Yugi. So, making Alexis and Aster natives of the Fusion dimension would just be too far removed from their original setting, I'd say.

Apparently Phoenix is from XYZ dimension here.
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:42 pm Reply with quote
OMG now i really want Yugioh Arc V to continue getting dubbed, and i hope Aster Phoenix and Alexis have the same VA as before, especially Aster
AwaysAnnoyed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:50 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:

What? Why? I mean Crow and Jack are fine, since they were more or less the same as in 5Ds, but Phoenix doing XyZ summoning/ doing whatever in the XyZ dimension? I understand that the creators could be going for nostalgic appeal, since Yu-Gi-Oh! fans are nostalgic fans, but this is going the wrong way about it. I'm happy I'll get to see them again, but I feel they needn't have bothered.
Yen50414

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:59 pm Reply with quote
AwaysAnnoyed wrote:
bleachj0j wrote:

What? Why? I mean Crow and Jack are fine, since they were more or less the same as in 5Ds, but Phoenix doing XyZ summoning/ doing whatever in the XyZ dimension? I understand that the creators could be going for nostalgic appeal, since Yu-Gi-Oh! fans are nostalgic fans, but this is going the wrong way about it. I'm happy I'll get to see them again, but I feel they needn't have bothered.

Their use of Jack and Crow have been disappointing personally. I hope they do the others better.
Henshinbeetle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Considering the way Jack and Crow are/were handled... Not getting hyped as much I want to be. Though I will admit I was hoping on the real deals.
Anyway again not the MC of one of the previous shows appearing but the supporting cast... Working towards the final duel where all the cardbuddies will appear ?

Ohwell, at least we have Darkside of Dimensions to look forward to. The actually characters reporting in and just regular old summons.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
No Manjoume sanda?!

Manjoume is not as awesome as Edo and Kaiser.
MetalHunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:05 pm Reply with quote
AwaysAnnoyed wrote:
bleachj0j wrote:

Maybe he and Alexis are agents of Academia and Kite is part of Resistance
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:13 pm Reply with quote
They've made it obvious, story-wise, that Arc-V was going to use alternate dimension theory to jump Arc-V's cast to each and every past Yu-gi-oh world. The question was always how they'd make sense of it. Choosing Asuka and Phoenix makes sense from the standpoint of GX in so far as the case can be made they fill similar roles relative to Crow and Jack in 5ds. I also don't think there's any reason not to guess or assume that there may be other characters that show up at some point or another. In GX we see Pegasus again, and we get the cameo of Yugi, his gramps, and Kaiba via Kaibaman. But no one else appears even though it's supposed to be the same world. Assuming Arc-V retains the aspect of them being the same worlds, then surely someone from the original series will make an appearance and just hasn't been leaked yet.

As to why you haven't seen Yusei, or why you probably won't see Jaden, or Yugi, there are numerous meta-theories you can go with. From a structural standpoint, it'd be tough to render those MCs as sort of backups to Arc-V's MC, and his cadre of doppelgangers. That's just too many Alpha personalities to reasonably juggle in one story, though I personally still think they'll likely go for some epic MC brawl at the series end.

Non-meta reasons, its be a little odd trying to figure out just how one would fit Arc-V's current story in the 5ds dimension into the known history and timeline of 5ds itself, but that's always an issue when you go these time-space jumping story routes. Obviously it's prior to the start of 5ds, but in general you still feel like asking where is everyone else who should have been relatively well established in their roles by the time this Arc-V story is taking place. Don't even think Crow has even alluded to Yusei's existence.

That could be a little easier to pull off with GX since if likewise it's before the start of the GX series, Jaden isn't even at the academy yet, so he's a nobody who hasn't even gotten that Winged Kuriboh from Yugi yet. I'd say don't be surprised if there's a lot of mentions of the reigning King of Games, without actually having Yugi make any appearances. Likewise, if it is after the end of the GX story, Jaden went off on that trip, so technically no one has any idea where he is, which makes for a convenient excuse for why he isn't in the story.
SweetCoconut

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Please please add another Zexal character and not only Kaito. But I'm still excited about this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2