• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: New Manga Looks Behind the Scenes of Prison School Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
While it's based on fact, it's labeled a work of fiction, leading Kamiya to declare that he and the other voice actors are ready to sue.

In a bizarre way it would have been a disappointment if none of the people depicted were spurred to solicit legal advice. The fact that they have ensures either authenticity or blissful controversy, whichever is the more relishing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:05 pm Reply with quote
lol crazy boy. amazing nickname. no wonder I love the man's stuff. literally the only reason I'm watching that new Diomedea show
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Oddly funny and appropriate, given that Shirobako is about anime production, and also directed by Mizushima. Glad Prison School was in his hands because he was able to keep a certain flair to the work that kept it from ever being dull.
SHD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:06 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Quote:
While it's based on fact, it's labeled a work of fiction, leading Kamiya to declare that he and the other voice actors are ready to sue.

In a bizarre way it would have been a disappointment if none of the people depicted were spurred to solicit legal advice. The fact that they have ensures either authenticity or blissful controversy, whichever is the more relishing.

I'd be really surprised if he "we're gonna sue!" comment wasn't a joke. For one, the manga has been serialized in Young Magazine since last year, there's no way the seiyuu didn't know about it, so if they were serious about suing they would've done so a long time ago. They could've done something to stop the serialization and/or publication, but apparently nobody did anything.

Not to mention the chapters I've read were praising the seiyuu and might as well been chapter-length ads about how awesome they are, so... yeah. Plus the chapters were based on anecdotes that the seiyuu themselves have already told on events or in the radio show (like how Kamiya came to be on the project).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1