Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fune wo Amu/The Great Passage Novel Gets TV Anime in October on Noitamina




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Stark700



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 11469
Location: Earth
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:38 am Reply with quote
Ooh, based on a novel and adapted with character designs by the person who worked on Rakugo..interesting. This definitely has my attention. I think the novel series got a live action film before too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rivailloli



Joined: 05 Jun 2013
Posts: 561
Location: Virginia
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:33 am Reply with quote
It looks like it could be rather homoerotic.... I'll watch for that. That and because I actually like the idea of people working together to make a book. I wonder what kind of process goes into making a dictionary?

Anyway, can't wait to see an animated preview!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DontmesswithKarma



Joined: 07 May 2015
Posts: 491
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:51 am Reply with quote
creative ass poster... Ima watch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VoidWitch



Joined: 14 Mar 2016
Posts: 157
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:01 am Reply with quote
I do like the designs. Looks very nice.
I hope it's going to be more of a drama and less of a slice of life. But we will see i guess.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blackiris_
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 06 Sep 2013
Posts: 422
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:25 am Reply with quote
Since noitaminA is very good at slice-of-life, I have high hopes for this one. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
synaia



Joined: 10 Oct 2011
Posts: 112
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:29 am Reply with quote
Saw the live action based on this novel, pretty excited for this anime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
himeko7



Joined: 14 Mar 2015
Posts: 32
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:33 am Reply with quote
How come her yaoi works don't get an anime? It's like Junko-sensei!! Crying or Very sad (but still, congrats to them both!! Anime hyper)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hameyadea



Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 3679
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:18 pm Reply with quote
So... shipwrighting? At least according to the title. I like it how noitaminA is adapting novels, and not just the "sure-fire, fool-proof" harem-based LNs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kadmos1



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 12294
Location: In Phoenix but has an 85308 ZIP
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:41 pm Reply with quote
@Rivailloli: When you have multiple leads of the same sex and the lack of a main character who is the opposite sex, it's obvious there will be homoerotic situations. That's why I like there being female leads.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fenrin



Joined: 19 Dec 2015
Posts: 447
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Looove Kumota Haruko getting more work in the anime industry, or just being more present in general, I JUST LOVE HER lol

Really wondering how they could make a whole season on this premise, let alone a novel, but I'm still intrigued to see more mature anime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
-Ana-



Joined: 24 Jun 2015
Posts: 75
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:58 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
@Rivailloli: When you have multiple leads of the same sex and the lack of a main character who is the opposite sex, it's obvious there will be homoerotic situations. That's why I like there being female leads.
Lol what? Does that mean that it happens in real life too with groups of male? Because that does not make any sense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VoidWitch



Joined: 14 Mar 2016
Posts: 157
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:35 am Reply with quote
Quote:
When you have multiple leads of the same sex and the lack of a main character who is the opposite sex, it's obvious there will be homoerotic situations. That's why I like there being female leads.


If this show would be about two women(with no male lead characters) everyone would automatically assume they are just friends. But for some reason if it's two male leads it's suddenly becomes homoerotic.
Also, existence of additional female leads doesn't miraculously erase homoerotic content if there is such content in the show. (Be it pandering or symbolic subtext or actual story line)

Quote:
Lol what? Does that mean that it happens in real life too with groups of male? Because that does not make any sense.


Do you categorize real life people into groups of main characters and supporting characters? Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
crx07



Joined: 21 Sep 2015
Posts: 162
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
@Rivailloli: When you have multiple leads of the same sex and the lack of a main character who is the opposite sex, it's obvious there will be homoerotic situations. That's why I like there being female leads.
I don't think it's obvious. We have to look at the plot first but even some plots cannot tell.
VoidWitch wrote:
If this show would be about two women(with no male lead characters) everyone would automatically assume they are just friends. But for some reason if it's two male leads it's suddenly becomes homoerotic.
Also, existence of additional female leads doesn't miraculously erase homoerotic content if there is such content in the show.
Not everyone assumes that a show about two women with no male characters are just friends. There are people with different kind of thinking out there (especially yuri fanatics).
Also don't merge Kadmos1's and Rivailloli's statements. Kadmos1 said, "it's obvious there will be homoerotic situations." Rivailloli said, "It looks like it could be rather homoerotic." Kadmos1 didn't say "it's obvious it is homoerotic."
-Ana- wrote:
Lol what? Does that mean that it happens in real life too with groups of male? Because that does not make any sense.
Kadmos1 doesn't say that stories are also happening in real life. A sane person would not believe that a story of a princess marrying a toad happens in real life, unless they really witnessed such insane situation.
VoidWitch wrote:
Quote:
Lol what? Does that mean that it happens in real life too with groups of male? Because that does not make any sense.
Do you categorize real life people into groups of main characters and supporting characters? Very Happy
I think I understand your point. -Ana- should answer you.
But if I take your statement out of context, then I could say it is OK to categorize. All stories based on real life I know do it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group