• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Newest Zelda Game Delayed to 2017, But Adds 'NX' Support

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:05 am Reply with quote
Good lord.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Too the surprise of almost no one I think I'm going to go look for some people who swore up and down Nintendo wasn't going to port this to the NX and rub some wintergreen alcohol in the wound Laughing
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:25 pm Reply with quote
It really is no surprise that this Zelda game will pull a Twilight Princess-like release. And somewhere in the back of my head, I thought it was a bit too ambitious for the game to be ready for this year.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Everyone saw this coming. Now if they announce that the NX is backwards compatible, then we can safely sell our Wii U's lol.
Henshinbeetle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:35 pm Reply with quote
While everybody saw a second delay coming seeing a 2017 date still blindsided a lot of people. Seriously, at what point can we just say that Nintendo is actively trying to push away their fanbase ? I love Zelda, personally, and through the years I have learned to build a buffer regarding their shedule shenanigans. However, this is just insulting.
Not because they are delaying it... AGAIN. Not because they want to give the NX a strong launch title and by doing so shafting the Wii-U buyers or because they again keep on messing with the release date of a Wii-U title (not like we got that many) but the absolute gall they seems to possess by posting a pic of Link in his new design, like a sort of peace offering. It just rubs me in the wrong way.

I mean come on. We are now 2 delays along the way and we still dont even know the bloody title of the game. We know it's supposedly large, Link has a blue shirt and a sort of blue arrow with Epona as his steed. Yeeeeeahhh, gee much hype potential there.

So to return to my question; at what point can we legitimately complain without being adressed as whiners ?

Oh well~!
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:20 pm Reply with quote
So in the end the Wii U didn't get a single original Zelda title that wasn't a spin-off. WOW. I mean, HW was great and I enjoyed the remasters of WW and TP, but this is ridiculous. And the delay is fine but making it for the next system itself is just insulting to Wii U owners.

And yeah, don't get me wrong, I think the Wii U actually has a fantastic (if small) library. Mario 3D World, Smash Bros. U, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, Splatoon, Donkey Kong Country TF, Wonderful 101, Captain Toad, Yoshi's Wooly World, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Xenoblade Chronicles X, ZombiU, and I still haven't played Pikmin 3, Pokken Tournament, or Star Fox Zero yet. However Zelda is their biggest name after Mario and Smash (and Pokemon, but Game Freak will probably never give us a full 3D main console Pokemon game despite something like that would probably have saved Wii U sales alone) and it's ridiculous that an entire generation could pass without a unique main title from the series.

Reports have suggested Nintendo is restructuring its development processes so that more games are coming out in a timely manner and it definitely needs to happen. I don't want games to be rushed out at the sacrifice of quality, but if they need to hire even more teams and such then do it. They have a TON of money saved up and it was ridiculous that the Wii U's library was mostly bare for almost a years of its start (save for ZombiU, and NSMBU for those not burned out on the New Mario series by that point). They need to do the opposite with NX. I get games need to be delayed sometimes but they shouldn't allow themselves to end up in a situation where a release schedule could be so empty like that.
LokiReed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:48 pm Reply with quote
well, that means I bought a wii u solely for smash bros then. And I think i'm still okay with that.
Kurohei

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I don't care about the the NX, I got a WiiU for Zelda Wii U, spoiler[and Xenoblade] So I'm getting this thing on Wii U, and not even tempted to by the NX until I know it won't just have a four year life span.
switchgear1131

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:10 pm Reply with quote
I would buy a copy of this game for the wii u and the NX if it meant getting the wii u version in Fall 2016. as it is now I will only be getting the NX copy if it offers some kind of upgreade visually to the wii u version (which it probably won`t), if not I will put off buying a NX until fall 2017.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
Everyone saw this coming. Now if they announce that the NX is backwards compatible, then we can safely sell our Wii U's lol.
I bought the WIi U with the launch, it was my first owned console from Nintendo. Well second if i count my lil bro gamecube... Anyway I love the WIi U, Im sad that the Wii U never got the love it really deserved. The games that got released are amazing. But yea, its understandable why it didn't become a succes like the Wii did. Wii was a family console, not for us hardkor gamers. No way i would ever wave like a retard with motion controlls.... Despite the WIi U being a beautiful console (along side my PS4) and having some classics, it doesnt have that epic game that would sell a Nintendo console. Nintendo is so stubborn, its really unbelievable. If they FINALLY would create a pokemon MMO for example then a Nintendo console would sell milions...... Create a Pokemon MMO that connects the handheld games with the MMO. By buying a handheld game for the 3DS that area opens for you in the MMO. You can train offline on the old way on your handheld or sync your pokemonbank(which could be upgraded to Trainer app) and play online.... I got actually a awesome vision of this in my mind....

Anyway aint gonna buy the NX atleast not for the first 2-3 years, dont want to be disapointed like im right now.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Henshinbeetle wrote:
So to return to my question; at what point can we legitimately complain without being adressed as whiners ?

Simple, don't use weasel lines like "at what point can we just say tha tNintendo is actively trying to push away their fanbase" or "this is just insulting" or "Yeeeeeahhh, gee much hype potential there" because engaging in said antics tends to sabotage any chance of being taken seriously and just becomes a bunch of white noise.

Anyway, I do find it fascinating how along with this that Nintendo has also said the NX will be skipping E3 and Nintendo themselves are all but skipping E3 with Zelda being the sole playable game on the showroom floor (then again, that's the power of Zelda). They're being secretive and it's intriguing to see what the NX actually is and why they're not doing so at E3.
Henshinbeetle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:34 pm Reply with quote
So what ? You dont agree that there really isnt anything to get hyped at ? Do you not agree that there is next to none information surrounding this game ? You know you may just paint over my question with your internet smartassitude (which is your good right) but even you cant deny that something has gone horribly wrong these last few years regarding the Wii-U.

Besides weasel lines ? it is a legitimate question though. Got an issue with Federation Force ? Troll! Defending Ninty till you drop - Fanboy. Where is that Goldilock zone ? Personally I'm saying we are getting really close.
You can not question the sheer lack of effort regarding the Wii-U.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:27 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:

(and Pokemon, but Game Freak will probably never give us a full 3D main console Pokemon game despite something like that would probably have saved Wii U sales alone) and it's ridiculous that an entire generation could pass without a unique main title from the series.

They were never going to make a mainline Pokemon for the WiiU not only because they had no incentive to but also because a project like that requires a considerable amount of preplanning since they would be taking a series that's primarily been the backbone of the handhelds and putting on a console never mind much of Japan doesn't bother with consoles

As for the WiiU going without a mainline Zelda game that's not as surprising as the system going without a mainline Mario game and before anyone points out 3D World that's a console version of a 3DS game.

thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Well... great. I mean, I love Zelda and want the game to be as good as it can be, but I absolutely hate it when games get delayed multiple times. Once, okay, but we've already been waiting for a Zelda game on the Wii U (a new one, not a remaster) since the freakin' Wii U itself launched, the wait is becoming a real pain.

I don't really care about the NX. At least not until I've actually seen it shown off. I know the Wii U wasn't very profitable for Nintendo but I do hope they'll keep supporting the system (at least for a while) after the NX launches. I have plenty of games on it and I'm satisfied with puchasing it, but I don't feel like it had its fill just yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:39 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
As for the WiiU going without a mainline Zelda game that's not as surprising as the system going without a mainline Mario game and before anyone points out 3D World that's a console version of a 3DS game.

We will point out 3D World since it's NOT a console version of 3D Land. In fact, 3D World has a ton of new mechanics in it and is honestly right behind the Mario Galaxy games in terms of my favorite 3D Mario games.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3