• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toei Previews Dragon Ball Super Anime's 'Future Trunks Arc' in New Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:04 am Reply with quote
Mai? Oh geez I'm out of date with the series.
ZetaZaku

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:22 am Reply with quote
Mai being there doesn't make sense at all. But I guess they don't care about that.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:58 pm Reply with quote
ZetaZaku wrote:
Mai being there doesn't make sense at all. But I guess they don't care about that.

Correct me if i'm wrong but wouldn't Mai and the rest of pilaf gang using the dragon balls in alt time time line "not the main time line trunks is from" to be young again, well make Mai in that time line young again? Granted the dragon balls would have to been used before fight with the androids in both time-lines to make any sense, because of piccolo's death or fusion with Kami.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
ZetaZaku wrote:

Correct me if i'm wrong but wouldn't Mai and the rest of pilaf gang using the dragon balls in alt time time line "not the main time line trunks is from" to be young again, well make Mai in that time line young again? Granted the dragon balls would have to been used before fight with the androids in both time-lines to make any sense, because of piccolo's death or fusion with Kami.

I don't think (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that it's been explicitly stated when they used them nor just how far they turned back their clocks. It's confirmed that they do age though so it's likely that when they wished themselves young again they went back to infant stage which puts them in the same age range as Trunks/Goten and by the time we're seeing them in B.O.G. they've only just then reached that age. So this theory is entirely plausible, until there's confirmation on either when they used the Dragon Balls and what age they reset themselves to.

There's also been discussions on the likelihood that Mai Shu and Pilaf would even survive in Trunks' Future and honestly, they're actually the MOST likely to survive considering they've survived just about every major disaster save the earth exploding twice which wiped everyone out that was planetside and unprotected. They're freakin cockroaches.
JDude042

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:36 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was really weird seeing Mai there in the Future Trunks timeline, considering in the original canon of the story, she's not supposed to be there. I haven't watched BoG, but I hear Pilaf and the gang used the Dragon Balls at some point to become young again and that's why Mai is there since she's Trunks' girlfriend. I guess it makes sense, but it's still weird to me, but I guess that's what happens when changes are made to the canon of the story 15-20 years later.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1