• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Amanchu! Anime Reveals Ending Theme Singers, Lists 7 Blu-ray Volumes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:23 pm Reply with quote
ugh...when you said 7 volumes, I assumed 2-cour because most I see on amazon.jp are 3-4 episode a piece. but 2 episodes each? That's awful. Waste of bluray technology too -_-
bassgs435

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
ugh...when you said 7 volumes, I assumed 2-cour because most I see on amazon.jp are 3-4 episode a piece. but 2 episodes each? That's awful. Waste of bluray technology too -_-

Each volume having only 2 episodes is standard for anime, though
So, it's nothing new
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

Uh, what are you talking about? Almost all anime series on Blu-ray I've imported from Japan have had 2 episodes per disc, with only the rare exception like GJ-bu which had three...
8lacKy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Oh boy, really looking forward to this show~ I'm still on the 2nd season of Aria, but it's a beautiful series so far.

Kougeru wrote:

Japanese BDs always have 2 EPs on 'em, you can't expect the same amount that western releases have.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:45 pm Reply with quote
The style looks really pretty but those fancy uniforms really clash with the seaside atmosphere, not to mention aren't very flattering to me lol
Well that is the mangaka's staple but still...
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:05 pm Reply with quote
7 volumes, but the limited edition holder only has space for 4? Is there a cardboard shortage in Japan or something?
skogga

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Please please please Crunchyroll!

'Nuff said.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Fenrin wrote:
The style looks really pretty but those fancy uniforms really clash with the seaside atmosphere, not to mention aren't very flattering to me lol

Personally I find the reverse. That style of dress really emphasizes the "hourglass" figure which i find much more attractive than the normal ridiculously short skirts common in most anime.

As an interesting aside, apparently in Korea the skirts have got so short that in schools boards are fitted in front of school desks to prevent the teachers being exposed to constant upskirts!
SpookyPie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm very excited for this, I've read some of the manga and enjoyed it a lot. I assume Crunchyroll will pick this up, but wouldn't be completely surprised if Funimation got it honestly.

ScruffyKiwi wrote:
Fenrin wrote:

Personally I find the reverse. That style of dress really emphasizes the "hourglass" figure which i find much more attractive than the normal ridiculously short skirts common in most anime.

As an interesting aside, apparently in Korea the skirts have got so short that in schools boards are fitted in front of school desks to prevent the teachers being exposed to constant upskirts!

Ya while I don't mind short skirts I really like these dresses myself. I think they go pretty well with the color scheme, and something about the flow of them feels like it fits the breezy seaside vibe to me.
#Hgeronimo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Great. i am so happy. Anime smile
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:48 am Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:

Uh, really? Why don't they just implement and enforce reasonable uniform standards? That's what most every other school system I'm familiar with does. And it seems to work just fine for them. Actual Japanese school girls skirts aren't nearly as short as they are in most anime, for example. I believe they have to be within a palms length of the knee, or something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1