• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Rewrite TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see CR getting Rewrite Very Happy

Weekends are going to be fun this year, hopefully they'll announce Food Wars S2 eventually.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
7jaws7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:26 pm Reply with quote
...and my Summer lineup is complete. Crunchyroll pretty much got all my favorites.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The first episode will also screen at an event in Tokyo on June 25, and the event will stream live on Niconico.

Needs to be past tense lol.

Feedback on twitter was mostly positive from the screening (extremely bias tho...since the most hardcore fans go to that stuff), but a lot did say it's a completely new route and contains almost no content from the Visual Novel. Very mixed feelings...but then again, they can't even dream to cover more than the common route+ half another route in 13 episodes. If they do this "new route" well, then perhaps it will lead to full seasons for the really good stuff.
elior1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:49 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Quote:
The first episode will also screen at an event in Tokyo on June 25, and the event will stream live on Niconico.

Needs to be past tense lol.

Feedback on twitter was mostly positive from the screening (extremely bias tho...since the most hardcore fans go to that stuff), but a lot did say it's a completely new route and contains almost no content from the Visual Novel. Very mixed feelings...but then again, they can't even dream to cover more than the common route+ half another route in 13 episodes. If they do this "new route" well, then perhaps it will lead to full seasons for the really good stuff.
if they planing to do it decent stand alone adaption then i expect them to use all the 13 episodes for this original route. also i love this character who will have original route
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:46 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Very mixed feelings...but then again, they can't even dream to cover more than the common route+ half another route in 13 episodes. If they do this "new route" well, then perhaps it will lead to full seasons for the really good stuff.

Having not played the VN, I'm in no position to know how much stuff is getting left out, but I do feel like I've enjoyed shorter and more loosely-adapted VN anime (like Rumbling Hearts, ef, and even Air) to the more completist two- (or more) cour approaches (e.g., Kanon and Little Busters!), which seem to ultimately wear out their welcome with me as they tick off each arc one by one.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:37 am Reply with quote
While i'd rather get a proper adaptation, an original route is better than a botched one.
grooven

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:45 am Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
Very mixed feelings...but then again, they can't even dream to cover more than the common route+ half another route in 13 episodes. If they do this "new route" well, then perhaps it will lead to full seasons for the really good stuff.

Having not played the VN, I'm in no position to know how much stuff is getting left out, but I do feel like I've enjoyed shorter and more loosely-adapted VN anime (like Rumbling Hearts, ef, and even Air) to the more completist two- (or more) cour approaches (e.g., Kanon and Little Busters!), which seem to ultimately wear out their welcome with me as they tick off each arc one by one.
Having played the game, doing all the routes in one timeline would never work. So from what i gather the original route will be in the anime. They could release OVAs or something of the girl's routes. The only way i could see them doing their routes is a reset each time. I don't know what they have planned, but it is just my speculation.

At least for LB it made sense to do all the routes to get the fantastic end (best part of the game/show Refrain).
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:24 pm Reply with quote
grooven wrote:
Having played the game, doing all the routes in one timeline would never work. So from what i gather the original route will be in the anime. They could release OVAs or something of the girl's routes. The only way i could see them doing their routes is a reset each time.

Sort of like the one-off "Kyou Arc" and "Tomoyo Arc" episodes of Clannad, then?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1