• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Voice Actress Yuko Miyamura Announces Divorce

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Cheers to you for 12 years. You were fortunate to last that long.
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that message took a turn at the end.

Going to Japan!
Fireworks!
Ramen!
Divorce papers!

One of these things is not like the others....

Last edited by Razor/Edge on Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
LightningShadow55

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Why is this news on this site it should be else where.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:59 pm Reply with quote
LightningShadow55 wrote:
Why is this news on this site it should be else where.
It's in the interest section.

Well, 12 years is a long time. At least it's not like Hollywood standards.
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm…
It was pretty long, best wishes for the future. Wink
mrsatan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:06 pm Reply with quote
She's always been a bit of a trainwreck.

People got sick of her offscreen antics and people stopped hiring her except to voice her legacy characters.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Welp.. Evangelion 4.0 will be delayed for another 2 years now.
JDude042

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:17 pm Reply with quote
So if you're announcing your marriage, it gets an article. If you're announcing your divorce, it gets an article too. I see how you work here Anime News Network.

mrsatan wrote:
She's always been a bit of a trainwreck.

Funny considering I was looking up the whole scandal involving her being caught having done adult videos before she started voice acting just recently, and stuff about Hideki Anno having Megumi Ogata literally choke her when they were rehearsing a certain scene in the End of Evangelion movie. Ironically and somewhat unrelated, I was thinking about how the One Piece anime is coming up on the Zou arc and I was thinking about what voice actress they'll get to voice Carrot, and for some reason she's the only one that comes to mind that fits, but probably because I'm thinking of her as Aisha Clan Clan from Outlaw Star, or maybe she usually uses a spunky voice for those kind of characters that really fits.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:43 pm Reply with quote
^it's on this site because people like knowing that their favorite voice actresses are single. Hey, guys, Asuka's available! Razz

More seriously, I hope she can keep that positive attitude up. Divorce is hard in the best of circumstances, but hopefully this will lead her family to happiness.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:08 pm Reply with quote
It was a good 12 years of marriage while they lasted. I wish Mrs. Miyamura-san the best of luck with her future plans. Smile
anddo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:05 pm Reply with quote
After myself suffering through a long breakup in the past 24 hours this is pretty jarring to hear. I wish the best for her and her family.
brucepuppy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:33 pm Reply with quote
JDude042 wrote:
So if you're announcing your marriage, it gets an article. If you're announcing your divorce, it gets an article too. I see how you work here Anime News Network.

Don't forget the child birth too. I assume it's all for the sake of traffic and SEO, if so I have no complaint at all. I understand that managing news site traffic can be difficult sometimes.
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:11 pm Reply with quote
^ And people passing away. People who make sculptures of their vagina's. People who get into legal trouble with said vagina, et certera, et certera.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Hey, that "vagina artist," Megumi Igarashi, is a manga-ka who wrote a manga memoir about going to jail for her art. Everything about her case is related to her manga, and thus newsworthy here.

As for the private lives of artists/voice actors/anime and manga creators, etc, they're newsworthy if they make a public statement about it. I don't know why that's a difficult concept.
Sylontack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:18 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
As for the private lives of artists/voice actors/anime and manga creators, etc, they're newsworthy if they make a public statement about it. I don't know why that's a difficult concept.

Any news website is going to have "interest" topics such as Taylor Swift's new hat and how her hat has a squad so on so forth, I don't see why people here find it so hard to believe this website might have articles that they aren't interested in? Do people read every article a general news website posts? I certainly don't. It's news regarding an anime voice actor, on "anime news network". Makes perfect sense to me. Heck one of the Real Housewives voiced in an OVA once let's make this "Anime & Real Housewives News Network" I don't mind Razz Razz

On the topic, I wonder if this means Miyamura is leaving Australia, or if the tweets re:Japan are just referring to a trip she's taking to get a bit of space. It'd be sad to see her leave Japan as a fan who was proud she lived here but I'm glad to see she seems to be quite happy with the decision she's making.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2