• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Adventure tri. English Dub Clip Features T.K., Kari

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takari007

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:04 am Reply with quote
the TaKari fandom revived!
anifani

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:07 am Reply with quote
Went to see this last night. Wow.... what a difference watching it in the theater. Fantastic... loved it. Kari's voice surprised me at first. It sounded just like Lara Jill Miller.

Joshua Seth and other returning characters were excellent.

I did get choked up on the first digi-evolution....
spoiler[They kept Wada Kouji's Brave Heart music! It was wonderful!]

Can't wait until it's DVD/BluRay release.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:50 am Reply with quote
anifani wrote:
[spoiler]They kept Wada Kouji's Brave Heart music! It was wonderful.

They actually kept it?! HOLY COW!
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:05 am Reply with quote
anifani wrote:
Went to see this last night. Wow.... what a difference watching it in the theater. Fantastic... loved it. Kari's voice surprised me at first. It sounded just like Lara Jill Miller.

Aww booo that just dampen my hopes of hearing the true English Digivolution song for nostalgia
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:38 am Reply with quote
Saw it last night, what a fun ride. I had just finished re-watching Adventure 01* which has been my first time seeing it again since back in 1999. Felt like being back then all over again. Can't wait to see the future films.

One thing I hope they address in the later films: spoiler[It's weird that none of them even bring up the 2nd team from Adventure 02. Even if TK and Kairi aren't hanging with them anymore or something they would still think to contact them. Maybe them being defeated (or whatever that was in the opening) erased them from everyone's memories? No mention was made of them missing class and while they are listed with the other Digidestined on the agent's computer (but the 4 are labeled as "missing) maybe only memories were affected but not the agency's data? I don't know, I understand they wanted the Adventure 01 cast to be the main focus but if you're going to keep the 02 kids out of the picture at least I'm hoping it will make sense eventually.]

*Now I'll start watching Adventure 02, which back then I only saw everything up to spoiler[Ken redeeming himself and joining the team] and after that I only caught about 1/3 of the remaining episodes. After that it's on to the other series which I sadly never gave a chance back then. IIRC the advertising for Tamers had poor wording, by saying "the original series never happened" as opposed to just "that was a separate universe/continuity" so I never gave Tamers or beyond a shot due to how upset I was on hearing that.
kpk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:14 am Reply with quote
Takari007 wrote:

My first ship... EVER! I really want to FINALLY see it happening after all these years!
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:15 am Reply with quote
anifani wrote:

Wasn't it announced that ALL of the original Japanese music would be replaced with that made in-house?
Haterater

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:08 am Reply with quote
Wonderful, never skipped a beat. Loving how this is turning out. Wish I could see it.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:35 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
anifani wrote:

Wasn't it announced that ALL of the original Japanese music would be replaced with that made in-house?

I don't know about that, but it seemed like the opening theme was the only music replaced. I haven't watch the subbed version yet though. The insert songs and ending theme was in Japanese.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:49 am Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:

*Now I'll start watching Adventure 02, which back then I only saw everything up to spoiler[Ken redeeming himself and joining the team] and after that I only caught about 1/3 of the remaining episodes. After that it's on to the other series which I sadly never gave a chance back then..

Awesome, dude. Tamers, IMO, is actually the best Digimon show. I think all of them are worth watching though; too many people don't give the various seasons a chance. The weakest is Xros Wars, but I still wouldn't call it "bad".
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Wow. The background music was actually left alone? Awesome! After having seen the original series in Japanese some years ago, I was kinda iffy about how Tri's music would fare. Now that I know Eleven Arts is avoiding the BGM changes, I can watch the dubbed movie with confidence!
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:36 pm Reply with quote
anifani wrote:

Actually, Wada Kouji doesnt sing Brave Heart, Miyazaki Ayumi does. Everyone always gets them confused lol.
Eri94

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:22 am Reply with quote
I saw this on Thursday night. Was amazing. So much nostalgia and most of the voice cast came back.

SO AWESOME.

My only complaint is that (not unexpectedly) it ends on a total cliffhanger with absolutely nothing being resolved and things had just barely started.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:06 am Reply with quote
Takari007 wrote:

It's also a Ichigo/Mokuba shipping of sorts in this scene.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:50 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Wow. The background music was actually left alone? Awesome! After having seen the original series in Japanese some years ago, I was kinda iffy about how Tri's music would fare. Now that I know Toei is avoiding the BGM changes, I can watch the dubbed movie with confidence!

Fixed, this was confirmed in the movie's credits.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1