• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tiger Mask W (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:31 pm Reply with quote

Tiger Mask W (TV)

Genres: tournament
Themes: sports, wrestling

Plot Summary: Naoto Azuma is 21 years old and formerly a trainee of the Jipang Pro Wrestling team, until the wrestling team Global Wrestling Monopoly (GWM) destroyed their dojo. His friend Takuma Fujii's father was gravely injured as a result. Together, Naoto and Takuma take up the mantles of "Tiger Mask" and "Tiger the Dark" to defeat "The Tiger's Hole," which manipulates GWM. Naoto vows to destroy the group while Takuma joins The Tiger Hole to dismantle it from within.
----------------------------------

Episode 1:

As a wrestling fan, I'm pretty satisfied with the show so far.

It didn't waste much time with the fast pacing and getting straight to the action especially in the ring. Plus, we got a good amount of moves shown. Characters seems interesting so far and this actually felt like watching a classic action movie. Hopefully we'll learn more about the characters as they may have a complex history.

Even Miss X seems to be an interesting character Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:15 pm Reply with quote
The animation felt very Ashita No Joe-esque at times. which was a nice touch.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:33 am Reply with quote
So this is like a world where the story in wrestling is the real deal and is as serious?
Sobe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:30 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
So this is like a world where the story in wrestling is the real deal and is as serious?

Twisted Evil The bara yaoi is going to get serious. The opening already showed a ton of "interesting" angles and "techniques."
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:42 am Reply with quote
Ahhhhhhh, that was a nice, bracing shot of testosterone. If the cast of Tiger Mask W wrestled against the cast of Wanna Be the Strongest in the World, I wonder which side would win? Anyway, this looks like it will be a great cheesy, campy dose of fun each week. I'm in.

*slams DuskyPredator's pencil neck into the canvas with signature Blood- "Pile Driver of Ultimate Death, Doom and Destruction" move*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1