• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Power Rangers Film Reveals 5 Character Posters, Power Sword Visual

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AtoMan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:05 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:48 am Reply with quote
Ok, that streaking effect looks kind of tacky looking. And that Red Ranger's sword reminds me of the Monado from Xenoblade. Maybe his civilian powers is to see the future. Laughing

And speaking of civilian powers...

AtoMan wrote:

That wasn't too shabby at all.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:04 am Reply with quote
I can't wait for that new Iron Man movie.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:55 am Reply with quote
Since AtoMan's link isn't working anymore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-C4qqsgs8w

Looks good for a teaser. Obviously they're waiting for the 1st trailer for us to see the costumes in action. Also like that Rita seems to be a more active villain in this rather than just letting monsters always do the work.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:56 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Ok, that streaking effect looks kind of tacky looking. And that Red Ranger's sword reminds me of the Monado from Xenoblade. Maybe his civilian powers is to see the future. Laughing

I think it's SUPPOSED to look kind of tacky, to evoke the corniness of the original series while at the same time giving it the modern minimalistic movie poster look.

doctordoom85 wrote:
Looks good for a teaser. Obviously they're waiting for the 1st trailer for us to see the costumes in action. Also like that Rita seems to be a more active villain in this rather than just letting monsters always do the work.

They only have at most about two hours to tell the story; there won't be much time for Rita to just sit back.
CCTakato

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:38 pm Reply with quote
So Kimberly having a skirt was bad but having huge boobs is ok for Saban?
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:54 pm Reply with quote
I just saw the trailer for this movie and I'm sorry. This is not a fun movie. A "Power Rangers" movie should be a lighthearted and fun affair,not "Dawson's Creek" with special effects and monsters. The original material is so light that it can't seem to support the overwrought melodrama that this film seems to have shoehorned in here. Why is Saban Brands doing this? I'm sorry but I can't see this film as anything other than a bomb. It wouldn't matter if they brought in some of the original cast for cameos in this movie. The tone is all wrong and it seems to be about as fun to watch as paint drying. I can't see this movie succeeding at all.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:09 am Reply with quote
That was a nice trailer. I will check the movie out. A reason is that they, trailer/teaser wise, have made it darker and more mature than the campy nature of the original Americanized TV version.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:10 am Reply with quote
That was a nice trailer. I will check the movie out. A reason is that they, trailer/teaser wise, have made it darker and more mature than the campy nature of the original Americanized TV version.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1