• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toriko Gourmet Battle Manga Heads Toward 'Climax' on November 14

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#Hgeronimo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:01 am Reply with quote
Oh what a shame, i guess we'll never see the Anime again.
Ozzy4k

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:37 am Reply with quote
#Hgeronimo wrote:
m
Well toei still has the rights but I doubt they will give them away to anther atufio or even finish the gourmet world arc which sucks Cus there are a lot of fights I would've liked to see animated
ichii_1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:39 am Reply with quote
Climax is not necessarily the End, see assclass.
There's no color page so either it ends on issue 51 or the climax is for the current arc.
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:40 am Reply with quote
#Hgeronimo wrote:
the anime wasn't all that good though, Toei heavily kidified a manga that gets pretty bloody. I'll stick to the manga unless a different animation studio gets the series
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:56 am Reply with quote
Another mediocre shounen coming to an end....only for WSJ to replace it with a potentially worse series. If only there's a prodigy out there who can storm into WSJ, defy their rules, and #MakeShounenBattleMangaGreatAgain. That little fantasy aside......I hope the Toriko fans can enjoy it while it lasts.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:25 am Reply with quote
I'm not too sad about it. It was a good manga pre-timeskip, but right now it's pretty bad.
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:12 am Reply with quote
I saw this coming from a mile away and im pretty sure most of the fans did as well considering how the last few chapters have been going,well this "arc" as a whole really.

Kon'Doriano wrote:
Another mediocre shounen coming to an end....only for WSJ to replace it with a potentially worse series. If only there's a prodigy out there who can storm into WSJ, defy their rules, and #MakeShounenBattleMangaGreatAgain. That little fantasy aside......I hope the Toriko fans can enjoy it while it lasts.

You never know torikos ending MIGHT bring about the savior we need.

Last edited by Nekelen Tinsley on Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Godspeed22

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:32 am Reply with quote
fudge wsj
Hawkmonger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:47 am Reply with quote
It's been feelinglike a cluster fudge loose ends being concluded for well over a year now, and the most recent chapter well and truly cements the series as over with spoiler[the death of Acacia/Neo and the dawn of a new age of gourmet] so it's no surprise that the series is wrapping up so soon. And at least it's not like that OTHER series that co cluded this year. Urgh.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:36 am Reply with quote
So at last all of the Jump series from 00's coming to the end. New era of WSJ is close.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:47 am Reply with quote
Well, at least we have a wedding to look forward to. After what this manga up is through, we deserve it. Confused
Sloggett

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:08 am Reply with quote
Toriko is one of my favourite weekly series, will miss it for sure.

The manga is so dark and hilarious, with unique characters. It's a shame it never got a good anime adaptation. It might even be one of the worst adaptations I've seen.
Set1229

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:07 am Reply with quote
I honestly love the anime, as it's all... in good taste.

Son of a bisque, I'm still sad the anime was cut short.

Let's hope the ending is pretty clam great.
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:23 am Reply with quote
Expected since the manga has been going at light speed for a while now but I don't blame Shueisha for this, they pushed it to the moon and beyond but it never reached those heights in sales, it still sold well but not enough sadly.

Didn't help that Toei butchered the anime badly. The final arc in the anime is like a slap in the face of any fan of the manga.

If Bleach fans think they had it rough Mitsutoshi had to skip about 2 years worth of content easy to wrap it up. So many key, crucial parts done off screen which is disappointing. The Pair arc was the last well paced one we got. The other 8 kings got nowt but a bit of teasing and feat showing.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:49 am Reply with quote
EighteenSky wrote:
Expected since the manga has been going at light speed for a while now but I don't blame Shueisha for this, they pushed it to the moon and beyond but it never reached those heights in sales, it still sold well but not enough sadly.

Didn't help that Toei butchered the anime badly. The final arc in the anime is like a slap in the face of any fan of the manga.

If Bleach fans think they had it rough Mitsutoshi had to skip about 2 years worth of content easy to wrap it up. So many key, crucial parts done off screen which is disappointing. The Pair arc was the last well paced one we got. The other 8 kings got nowt but a bit of teasing and feat showing.

If Toriko were to ever get the reboot it surely needs, Shima would be able to include the missing content and plot holes. I highly doubt this will even happen, though. Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3