• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Niconico Users Rank JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable as Most Interesting 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Happy to see Gate in the top 6.
MugenPancake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:01 pm Reply with quote
You're damn right it is. DORARARARAA
dark13

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Japan has been having good taste in anime lately, both JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable and Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans season 2 have been fantastic it only make sense they would be on the top 5 Smile
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:05 am Reply with quote
Interesting how JoJo's is the only show that appears around the same rank on both the men's and women's lists. JoJo's: The anime all otaku can agree on!

In an unrelated note, I've been binging Diamond is Unbreakable and have to agree it's really fun! (It's the first JoJo's series that I'm planning to watch all the way through--never really connected with the over-the-top antics of the others.)

I would personally move Mob Psycho 100 up a few spots and Konosuba down a few--maybe just switch those two around.
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:35 am Reply with quote
Surprised to see Re:zero higher than Haikyuu!! and Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans in the list for women.
Random Name

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:52 am Reply with quote
I wonder if shows like yuri and mr.osomatsu are only as popular as they are since there are far fewer shows directed towards women. Men have the luxury of many more choices. (Also not really sure if Mr.osomatsu is a show aimed at women since I've never seen it it's just the impression I've always gotten.)
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:21 am Reply with quote
To me, the most interesting anime this year included the following: "Kiznaiver" with it's "share the pain concept"; "AOKANA" with its jet boots; and "91 Days" with its Prohibition Era-setting.
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:13 am Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
I wonder if shows like yuri and mr.osomatsu are only as popular as they are since there are far fewer shows directed towards women. Men have the luxury of many more choices. (Also not really sure if Mr.osomatsu is a show aimed at women since I've never seen it it's just the impression I've always gotten.)

If you're asking if shows aimed at women do well because theres not as many and "beggers cant be chosers" so they flock to it regardless of quality, than no. There's a small number of female aimed shows each year, but most just aren't popular. Most shows popular with women tend to be shounen and seinen. For the record, Osomatsu is aimed at men. Generally all the smash hit shows for women are aimed at men originally. I'm not sure what it says when women flock to guys stuff more than josei, but josei is the least represented demographic. Fujoshi win out over non-fujoshi women so they shape the female market.

-Stuart Smith
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1