• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Amagi Brilliant Park English Dub Casts Molly Searcy as Isuzu Sento

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:28 pm Reply with quote
she's good but Ai Kakuma still pulls off the deadpan voice better but thats just me
Tsumikisan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like a solid dub so far! Loving the behind the scenes clip, Searcy's face was spot on! I've never seen ABP so this is probably going to be an instant buy.
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:36 pm Reply with quote
oh hai Akame
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Molly Searcy is one of the names I always look for in a Sentai dub so my interest in this show has gone from "eventually" to "immediately". There'll be some fun line readings, yeah?
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:56 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping that Sento be voiced by Maggie Flecknoe, but Ms. Searcy sounds good. I look forward to owning the show on BD and listening to the complete dub.
Raebo101

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:11 pm Reply with quote
My favorite casting decision so far. Her interpretation of the character should be fun!
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I hope Chris Patton and Luci Christian get in there somewhere, so i can have more FMP connections. Plus they happen to be really good VAs.
Hongqilim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Hongqilim on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
TheMorry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:22 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
I hope Chris Patton and Luci Christian get in there somewhere, so i can have more FMP connections. Plus they happen to be really good VAs.
Sorry what has Full Metal Panic to do with this dub? I agree they are good VA and the FMP dub is a masterpiece but im lost by your logic Rolling Eyes
xXInfinite026Xx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:25 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
Sorry what has Full Metal Panic to do with this dub? I agree they are good VA and the FMP dub is a masterpiece but im lost by your logic Rolling Eyes

There are a few things actually:

1) The Amagi series creator Shoji Gatou also created Full Metal Panic, and was adapted into an anime by both he and Yasuhiro Takemoto at Kyoto Animation, both of which helmed the FMP sequels done by KyoAni.

2) Moffle, the mascot of the theme park, pretty much shares the exact same design of Bonta-kun, a theme park mascot in FMP Fumoffu

3) Shoji Gatou has stated that Sento Isuzu is basically a female verison of FMP's Sousuke, at least in personality.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Damn - someone's a yandere.

xXInfinite026Xx wrote:
TheMorry wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

1) The Amagi series creator Shoji Gatou also created Full Metal Panic, and was adapted into an anime by both he and Yasuhiro Takemoto at Kyoto Animation, both of which helmed the FMP sequels done by KyoAni.

2) Moffle, the mascot of the theme park, pretty much shares the exact same design of Bonta-kun, a theme park mascot in FMP Fumoffu

3) Shoji Gatou has stated that Sento Isuzu is basically a female verison of FMP's Sousuke, at least in personality.

Also, FMP was dubbed by ADV, who of course eventually dissolved into Sentai.
Kb24lol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:48 pm Reply with quote
She was great in Akame ga Kill.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:53 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
xXInfinite026Xx wrote:
TheMorry wrote:

Also, FMP was dubbed by ADV, who of course eventually dissolved into Sentai.
Yes on all 4 points.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:37 am Reply with quote
xXInfinite026Xx wrote:
TheMorry wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

CHRIST!! well.... that explains her obsessions with guns and her persona is dead set serious at times. not to mention of moffle's way too much similarity of bota. either way, its highly unlikely those two will be in the english dub cast. would cause too much complications

if sentai had made patton and christian in the dub cast LET ALONE THE LEAD VAs FOR THE SERIES, you better believe that there would be those withing the otaku community that would be saying that gatou had a hand in amagi brilliant park's dub casting. just like when the dub casting for arslan was announced, people was saying the exact same thing that arakawa had a hand in its dub cast even though its not the cast. besides considering that there is the new one piece movie as well as the dubbing of the new world arc, its unlikely that christian would be able to even do any voice work for this series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1