• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kirakira Precure a la Mode Anime's New Trailer Previews Story

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:27 am Reply with quote
Besides already saying this plenty of times in most of the PreCure ALM topics here, the premise/homage to be nearly 1:1 to Tokyo Mew Mew. (Though said before, I wish their version of A La Mode had an actual Anime adaptation. But its just going to be a dream to all, wouldn't it.)

Other than that, this seasons story sets it out to fight "Evil Fairies" other than "Aliens/Chimera" and the like from the other series. So...yeah, reserving judgment on how they'll work this out in PreCure ALM.
manapear

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:44 am Reply with quote
I'm definitely digging the staff. At this point, I love everything; the art, designs, animation. I really hope it's like Futari wa => Yes and Go!Pri. ♥

It's also super cute and cool that they have a sweets supervisor. x'D
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Evil fairies? That's a first for the series.

Also, the next Precure should just be a idol themed series, it's becoming too close to a magical idol show with every installment.
heroictype

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Literally my only nitpick: I love sweets-themed accessories/clothing/powers in general, but I don't feel like the animal theme blends well?

Of course, the Tokyo Mew Mew homage is cute! But I can't help wishing we just plain had sweets this time around.
Merman-X

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:01 am Reply with quote
so anyone pointed out the dog motif precure likes chocolate? as in real life chocolate are poisonous to dogs? i know its only a motif & she's just a human who dresses as a dog, but the irony is a bit funny.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1