• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gantz Gets Pachinko Machine With CG Anime Footage

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:09 pm Reply with quote
In a right world, the title would say Gantz get another season with anime footage.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:38 pm Reply with quote
I kind of wish pachinko machines would have more strategy and skill to them, but then that would erode their purpose as gambling devices.

The cutscenes here make no sense to me without knowledge of Gantz, but I take it the ones used for this pachinko machine play out a lot like licensed slot machines here in the United States.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I kind of wish pachinko machines would have more strategy and skill to them, but then that would erode their purpose as gambling devices.

Have you ever played a pachinko machine? Either modern or vintage? That's not even going into the different styles and types and all the other features that get tossed into these machines. Cause it sounds to me as if you haven't.

I don't have a problem with these.. I even own a few examples of the more modern lineage. I am also not a fan of Gantz, but the machine looks interesting enough to try out.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:
Have you ever played a pachinko machine? Either modern or vintage? That's not even going into the different styles and types and all the other features that get tossed into these machines. Cause it sounds to me as if you haven't.

I don't have a problem with these.. I even own a few examples of the more modern lineage. I am also not a fan of Gantz, but the machine looks interesting enough to try out.

I would definitely like to play some someday to see what it's like, and I know there is an element of strategy and skill to them, but I would like more of it. I mean...are there any pachinko competitions out there, where people play pachinko machines and compete for the highest score? That's something I'd like to see.
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:48 pm Reply with quote
That is cool I liked Gantz. Hey talking about pachinko machines can Konami stop being the stupid evil company they are and just sell the rights to their video games. I mean it is clear that their new calling is pachinko machines. So how about you sell of the video game rights so somebody can make a new Suikoden game.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Pachinko, the enemy of all western anime fans.
Hugh Mungus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:28 am Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:
That is cool I liked Gantz. Hey talking about pachinko machines can Konami stop being the stupid evil company they are and just sell the rights to their video games. I mean it is clear that their new calling is pachinko machines. So how about you sell of the video game rights so somebody can make a new Suikoden game.

Yeah, but then how will Konami continue to make (and only make) Pachinko games out of franchises beloved in the west. Rolling Eyes
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:30 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

I would definitely like to play some someday to see what it's like, and I know there is an element of strategy and skill to them, but I would like more of it. I mean...are there any pachinko competitions out there, where people play pachinko machines and compete for the highest score? That's something I'd like to see.

There are several examples of such.. ever hear of battle counters... since in pachinko your not really competing for points but rather the pachinko balls.. the battle counters keep track of your stats as you play. Balls won, lost, average payout, highest payout etc.

Head over to www.pachitalk.com very informative.

Beatdigga wrote:

Pachinko, the enemy of all western anime fans.

Yea I don't agree with this.
I have several anime theme'd pachinko and pachislo machines.. Evangelion, SDF Macross, Macross Frontier, Nadesico, GITS, Golgo 13... etc.

so no.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:
There are several examples of such.. ever hear of battle counters... since in pachinko your not really competing for points but rather the pachinko balls.. the battle counters keep track of your stats as you play. Balls won, lost, average payout, highest payout etc.

Head over to www.pachitalk.com very informative.

Whoa...that's really cool! I hope to at least spectate one of these one day.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1