• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Studio feel. Reveals Visual, Expanded Character Descriptions for Tsuki ga Kirei Original Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:32 am Reply with quote
It's weird that I just noticed this. Has Seiji Kishi ever directed a drama series?

I understand the quality will mostly be decided by the script, but I'm really curious about how much subtlety there'll be in it. Considering the staff, I really hope it'll be good though.
Sacred Blood

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:47 am Reply with quote
Going by that beautiful visual, it looks like the Makoto Shinkai aesthetic is really catching on now. I'm really looking forward to this. The synopsis makes it sound like another mundane slice of life but it's all in the presentation and execution and so far the character designs and visual come off as very inspired to me which isn't what I can say about most anime of this ilk.
Dian Z

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:01 am Reply with quote
From the premise thus far, it sets a high expectation for me personally. This better be good.
Dylan21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:46 pm Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
It's weird that I just noticed this. Has Seiji Kishi ever directed a drama series?

I understand the quality will mostly be decided by the script, but I'm really curious about how much subtlety there'll be in it. Considering the staff, I really hope it'll be good though.

Yes he has, Angel Beats! being the most well-known one. Yuki Yuna is a Hero also features drama plus the lesser known film Aura: Koga Maryuin's Last War. So he has experience with drama and in my personal opinion I felt he handled the drama aspects well, albeit with Angel Beats! it could have used some more episodes to build more of a connection with the characters.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:04 am Reply with quote
Dylan21 wrote:
Yes he has, Angel Beats! being the most well-known one. Yuki Yuna is a Hero also features drama plus the lesser known film Aura: Koga Maryuin's Last War. So he has experience with drama and in my personal opinion I felt he handled the drama aspects well, albeit with Angel Beats! it could have used some more episodes to build more of a connection with the characters.

Hey, you're right. I totally forgot about those. Thanks. They weren't exactly standouts as drama, but they're still pretty good.

Damn, I should've just rechecked his profile page here on ANN.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:19 am Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:

"Angel Beats!" was such a good anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1