• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cloudflare Data Leak

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:04 am Reply with quote
So apparently Cloudflare suffered a massive data leak. While the issue causing it has since been patched, it turns out that ANN is among the many sites potentially affected by the leak. Are the staff aware, and what do they plan on doing about it?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:46 am Reply with quote
I was reading about this but I'm not quite sure I understand. So any site that uses Cloudflare could potentially leak info, but is that only if you actually log into that site? I'm pretty sure ANN is the only Cloudflare using site I have an account with, so I'd only need to change this one password?

I get that other sites I visited might leak the location data and such that gets sent whenever you access a page, but is that all? My network password or anything doesn't gets sent too, right?
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:37 pm Reply with quote
CloudFlare said OAuth tokens could have potentially been passed, which (I think) means if you log in with your twitter or facebook, those could have leaked.

Well let's hope that ANN is good at closing their html tags. 100% of the single data point I checked tells me that they always close their tags and this bug didn't affect them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1