• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dies irae Adult Visual Novel Gets 2017 TV Anime Series Adaptation

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:59 am Reply with quote
Minor correction:
Quote:
The game and anime's story features an alternate history of World War II. On May 1, 1945 in Berlin, as the Red Army raises the Soviet flag over the Reikskanzlei, a group of Nazi officers conduct a ritual.

It's Reichskanzlei.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:00 am Reply with quote
Shit, I remember this being well-known in the VN community for being effectively impossible to translate, not only from the dense subject matter but also due to the way it displays text.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:03 am Reply with quote
sounds good but surprised that this gonna air at 2017 earliest summer even thats quite some time away year and half guess they wanna build up some hype tho i think this is abit too long time to wait xD
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:08 am Reply with quote
Got damn! Summer 2017? Well, at least it's coming. I won't remember this until Spring 2017. See you guys in 2017. Arrow *exits*
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:58 am Reply with quote
I remember this VN but was never able to play it. Good thing that it finally gets an anime, no matter how long it will take to wait.

Oh I the date of the clip is 6 months ago. So this news but old news , gg ANN Laughing
K-Anime

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:04 am Reply with quote
I was wondering what happened to this. Good to hear new updates, cause i thought they forgotten about it.
Quote:
The anime will premiere in summer 2017 or later, and it will air for 14 episodes or more.

Promising and Discouraging at the same time.
Quote:
also announced a new side-story game, a manga adaptation, a novel adaptation, and an original art exhibition

Lot of adaptations all at once.
Zatheyll

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:36 am Reply with quote
Takamachi Ryoko wrote:
I remember this VN but was never able to play it. Good thing that it finally gets an anime, no matter how long it will take to wait.

Oh I the date of the clip is 6 months ago. So this news but old news , gg ANN Laughing

The clip is for the Kickstarter, which succeeded in July, the news of the anime project is new.

The Kickstarter for the project was for a single episode OVA of the series, not for an entire TV series. The amount they raised is barely enough to cover a single episode, let alone an entire TV series, which they would need a producer for (that they got). Wonder how this will change the Kickstarter though, and if the OVA will still happen, or if it will roll into the new TV series.
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:43 am Reply with quote
Zatheyll wrote:
Takamachi Ryoko wrote:

The clip is for the Kickstarter, which succeeded in July, the news of the anime project is new.

The Kickstarter for the project was for a single episode OVA of the series, not for an entire TV series. The amount they raised is barely enough to cover a single episode, let alone an entire TV series, which they would need a producer for (that they got). Wonder how this will change the Kickstarter though, and if the OVA will still happen, or if it will roll into the new TV series.

I can't believe I completely missed hearing about that KS- glad to know it succeeded and that there's going to be a full adaptation now though. This was one of those huge untranslated VNs that I thought no one would ever get around to so I'm glad to see we'll at least get to see what the story is like.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:51 am Reply with quote
Zatheyll wrote:

It's not the Kickstarter, by the way. Anime raised the budget on the japanese crowd-founding platform by the japanese people only.

Quote:
Light ran a successful crowdfunding campaign on the UNEEDZONE.jp website from May 9 to July 9 for the anime project, raising 96,560,858 yen (about US$792,000) from 5,188 backers. The original goal of the campaign was 30 million yen (about US$246,000).
omiya

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:23 pm Reply with quote
It might be worth mentioning that the song in the clip is sung by Yui Sakakibara:

Last edited by omiya on Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:39 am Reply with quote
Takamachi Ryoko wrote:

The video, as mentioned by another poster, is from the crowdfunding campaign, which was held between May-July. We did not write about the crowdfunding campaign at the time because we weren't sure if the anime would be all-ages or a hentai anime (since the original VN was an adult VN). ANN doesn't write about hentai anime, so we chose not to write about it until we were sure what kind of anime it would be. Now that we know it's a TV anime, we knew it wouldn't be hentai so we are now writing about it. In any case, the anime being a TV anime is new news, it was announced on Friday.

L'Imperatore wrote:
It's Reichskanzlei.

Thanks for pointing that out. We fixed the article.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:41 am Reply with quote
At least it's explained in this forum why all of the earlier pieces of news on this series were never talked about.

The side-story they announced is an all-ages title set shortly before the main series. It's still short so the retail price is cheaper than a full-blown voiced game.

Pleased as I am with an official air date, I have misgivings over this since this is the first-ever light franchise that will ever be adapted into animation. Not only that, the choice is an ambitious one since this is a franchise that needs a lot of effort to get into (the battle scenes will hopefully be spectacular but there's a LOT of world building to get through before things make sense).

They'll have a different set of songs to go with this series unless they're really intent on recycling the OP for the all-ages port.
Raijin83

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:37 am Reply with quote
update: the anime will be released on October 2017, and the visual novel will be translated on English. it will be released on May 2017
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1