• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
April 8th at Beverly Cinema: Fist of the North Star (1986) in glorious 35mm!!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joehcool

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:17 pm Reply with quote
http://thenewbev.com/program/april-8-fist-of-the-north-star-midnight-show/

Quote:
Fist of the North Star

Head exploding ultra-violence in 35mm! The legendary manga series Fist of the North Star hits the big screen in a blood-soaked anime masterpiece that beats up, beheads and totally demolishes all other adaptations in its wake. As the world devolves into a post-nuke wasteland, a martial arts master must rise from the ashes as humanity’s sole hope for survival, forced to fight through fierce foes and former friends in an unending array of splatter-filled carnage.

English dubbed version.

Director Toyoo Ashida

Year: 1986

Format: 35mm

Running Time: 109 minutes
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Beat me to it. Also, it's not technically anime, but probably outsourced as such, given the era it came out. Anyway, that Rock Lords movie will be playing on April 1 and 2. And since there is an anime of this one, the 1990 TMNT movie will also be playing there April 15 and 16.
Joehcool

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:23 am Reply with quote
And they thought the rumors of 35mm prints of 1986 Fist of the North Star movie destroyed in the warehouse fire were true....

Are there any surviving 35mm copies of Hokuto no Ken movie from 1986 (dubbed or subbed) anywhere in the world but Japan?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1