Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Streams Seven Mortal Sins Anime




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
WingKing



Joined: 27 Apr 2015
Posts: 615
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:20 pm Reply with quote
The director of Queen's Blade season 1 and Plastic Little, joining forces with the series composer of Isuca, Rail Wars, Kanokon, and Shuffle.

Yeah, I think we know what we can expect from this series: lots and lots of boobs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AnimeLordLuis



Joined: 27 Jan 2015
Posts: 1626
Location: The Borderlands of Pandora
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Now if Funimation picks up this show for home video release than I'll one happy camper. I doubt that they will simudub it though because of what happened with DxD. Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FrozenMoon



Joined: 04 Dec 2016
Posts: 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:34 pm Reply with quote
WingKing wrote:
The director of Queen's Blade season 1 and Plastic Little, joining forces with the series composer of Isuca, Rail Wars, Kanokon, and Shuffle.

Yeah, I think we know what we can expect from this series: lots and lots of boobs.


I mean we can kind of expect that from the poster, I'm excited for it because I'm going to sit back and enjoy it for it what it is, straight up pure fanservice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Robiii



Joined: 29 Mar 2017
Posts: 131
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Oh this is gonna be so damn censored
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Animepokegirl89



Joined: 02 Oct 2015
Posts: 99
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:32 am Reply with quote
Robiii wrote:
Oh this is gonna be so damn censored


Not necessarily. It's possible they got the uncut version. Like how they streamed "My Wife is the Student Council President". That was uncut. Not holding my breath, but it's possible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jr240483



Joined: 24 Dec 2005
Posts: 4147
Location: New York City,New York,USA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:15 am Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
Now if Funimation picks up this show for home video release than I'll one happy camper. I doubt that they will simudub it though because of what happened with DxD. Confused


that is if they even license it. considering that bikini warriors and valkyrie drive mermaid didn't received much likability unlike queens blade and dxd, its highly unlikely that funi will license the series. and even if they do, its more likely their gonna do an OniAi and give it the sub only treatment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lord Vaultman



Joined: 03 Mar 2017
Posts: 755
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:47 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
Now if Funimation picks up this show for home video release than I'll one happy camper. I doubt that they will simudub it though because of what happened with DxD. Confused


that is if they even license it. considering that bikini warriors and valkyrie drive mermaid didn't received much likability unlike queens blade and dxd, its highly unlikely that funi will license the series. and even if they do, its more likely their gonna do an OniAi and give it the sub only treatment.


Its very rare for a title that funimation gets its hands on to be a sub only release
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John Thacker



Joined: 28 Oct 2013
Posts: 925
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:41 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:


that is if they even license it. considering that bikini warriors and valkyrie drive mermaid didn't received much likability


They dubbed and released Bikini Warriors on BluRay so I don't understand your point here. It's true that they didn't wait to include the extra OVAs and OVA versions of the episodes from the Japanese home video release, and they charged a price a bit too high for me to buy it (based on recouping BD authoring costs). I don't see how that is evidence that they wouldn't dub or release this show, though. If anything, the Bikini Warriors treatment argues in favor of dubbing and home video release of this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lazydude500



Joined: 03 Oct 2014
Posts: 72
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:44 am Reply with quote
Guess they were wise enough to retitle it so uninformed fans wouldn't confuse it for the Kodansha shonen series.

I wouldn't be opposed to Funimation licensing this (if it lives up to the hype) but I certainly don't want a simuldub. History has shown that simuldubs for ecchi are huge disappointments vs the mostly solid track record of home video (better casting, scheduling, etc)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Greed1914



Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 3772
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:57 am Reply with quote
lazydude500 wrote:
Guess they were wise enough to retitle it so uninformed fans wouldn't confuse it for the Kodansha shonen series.

)


It's definitely a good idea to change the title. Any articles I saw about this show would say something like, "not to be confused with The Seven Deadly Sins."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
relyat08



Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 4125
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
lazydude500 wrote:
Guess they were wise enough to retitle it so uninformed fans wouldn't confuse it for the Kodansha shonen series.

)


It's definitely a good idea to change the title. Any articles I saw about this show would say something like, "not to be confused with The Seven Deadly Sins."


I'm curious who ultimately made that decision. But yeah, good on them. It was becoming a problem. It doesn't help that at least one character looks like they could easily be in either show.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
KH91



Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 6176
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:14 am Reply with quote
Damn it. They changed the title.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kadmos1



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 13072
Location: In Phoenix but has an 85308 ZIP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:56 am Reply with quote
Animepokegirl89, I think a reason why CR got both "My Wife is the Student Council President" seasons in cut/uncut was because the episodes were 8-min. long and thus licensing costs were not as high.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group