• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st Haikara-san ga Tooru Anime Film Previewed in Teaser Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:19 am Reply with quote
Looks lovely, I'll watch this. Maybe I should also check out the old TV show.
SHD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:13 am Reply with quote
Blackiris_ wrote:
Looks lovely, I'll watch this. Maybe I should also check out the old TV show.

Don't, it's not all that good and it has a BS ending (due to having been cancelled). I'd suggest trying the manga if it's available in a language you can read. It's pretty fun and a classic for a reason.
Mosaic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:40 am Reply with quote
This looks awesome! I just hope they still retain the random silliness that's scattered throughout the series. It just wouldn't be Haikara-san without the silly Rocky Horror Picture Show references, or alien conspiracy theories.

SHD wrote:
Don't, it's not all that good and it has a BS ending (due to having been cancelled). I'd suggest trying the manga if it's available in a language you can read. It's pretty fun and a classic for a reason.

Dude, what are you talking about? The original series was great. It was nearly a panel-for-panel adaptation of the manga. I thought they did such an amazing job of capturing the essence of the manga perfectly.

The ending is totally BS though, I'll give you that. But I did appreciate how they tried to summarize the remaining five volumes in the span of 5 minutes. Laughing
gabuhaha

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Looks interesting. I'll have to check it out when it comes over.
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this looks really interesting. Looks like the manga is for sale on the JPN BookWalker store. Maybe if it does well enough, it'll get an English release.
The Cleaner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:49 pm Reply with quote
I picked up the TV series this year, and it was excellent IMO.Good old-school anime (pre-digital anime). The artbook with the TV series was an excellent extra. Will definitely pick up the movie, when it's released in like a year to two years from now. Also the recent TV series release (this year), was a 'true' upscale. I personally can't wait to hear reviews about this movie, when it's released later this year. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1