• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: The Staff of Fate/Grand Order

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kotelo_

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:36 am Reply with quote
when you bandwagon into Fate before it's too late

this is still a good laff m8
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Where as in other mobile games where the original version is ahead of the localized version I wanted the events that were happening in the Japanese version, I agree with their choice to go through the events more or less as it was originally released.

I was going to say "...but what about the UBW anime?" but I can't reasonably disagree with the author's characterization of their own enjoyment of the franchise, which I don't doubt generally speaking.
Paiprince

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:11 pm Reply with quote
So how about that Girls Work?
nhat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Please bring out Tsukihime English version please! I would love to buy an official release of the game
Seif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:35 pm Reply with quote
kotelo_ wrote:

You have quite the hate boner.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:31 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
Where as in other mobile games where the original version is ahead of the localized version I wanted the events that were happening in the Japanese version, I agree with their choice to go through the events more or less as it was originally released.

I would actually be pretty sad if they had just dumped it all at once and we ran the same version that Japan has. It would be short changing us on really getting to experience the first 2 years worth of content the game has. I feel like the complaining isn't so much about being behind but people upset they can't keep all their stuff if they switch to the English version.
EmpyreanBlaze

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:17 am Reply with quote
Actually read the whole interview for once, cause Fate is my favourite series. As for FGO, I played near when the first English release came out and was pretty addicted to it for a few weeks. Then I pretty much stopped playing for a week or so after beating lvl 40 quests over and over again (first time I did that at Master lvl ~18)...

Now getting back into it, gotta expand my collection and finish the story lol. Wish there were Fate/kaleid Liner Prisma Illya additions, but I doubt those characters could be Servants or anything important like that. Maybe some Craft Essences, and a killer Mystic Code Wink.
Ekos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:16 am Reply with quote
I wish the question of other countries than North America had been raised. Europe is still out as far as F/GO is concerned.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:30 am Reply with quote
I just have to wonder, if Saber is so beloved even by the staff, why on earth did her name, "Artoria" or "Arthuria" get desecrated to "Altria" I'm not even a big saber fan but this one just bothers me to no end. I mean how can you get your poster girl's name atrociously wrong in English? Mad

Well in any case, I hope they'll reconsider down the line. Shocked
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:02 am Reply with quote
EmpyreanBlaze wrote:
Actually read the whole interview for once, cause Fate is my favourite series. As for FGO, I played near when the first English release came out and was pretty addicted to it for a few weeks. Then I pretty much stopped playing for a week or so after beating lvl 40 quests over and over again (first time I did that at Master lvl ~18)...

Now getting back into it, gotta expand my collection and finish the story lol. Wish there were Fate/kaleid Liner Prisma Illya additions, but I doubt those characters could be Servants or anything important like that. Maybe some Craft Essences, and a killer Mystic Code Wink.

Not gonna spoil but there's a Prisma illya event. :3
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:24 am Reply with quote
So they want to make Fate more accesible in West, huh? Then maybe an english re-release of all Type-Moon VNs (I'm looking at you Mahoutsukai no Yoru) and Extra CCC, plaese?
Suncraft

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:28 am Reply with quote
Some good questions there, good interview. Getting the people behind the game AND Kawasumi to answer questions is great. I've noticed a few odd things in the translations for the game, like the above "Altria" comment, but it's well done.

kotelo_ wrote:

Nice catch! I remember reading the responses through in that thread. Such a ride of reactions and overreactions from both sides. This article sure has a uh, changed tune comparatively.

The game itself is amazing, really liked the current Nero event. Definitely anticipating more content. I really want to scout Ryougi Shiki as she's my favourite Nasuverse character, I just wonder when she'll be in the game.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:56 am Reply with quote
Suncraft wrote:
Some good questions there, good interview. Getting the people behind the game AND Kawasumi to answer questions is great. I've noticed a few odd things in the translations for the game, like the above "Altria" comment, but it's well done.

kotelo_ wrote:

Nice catch! I remember reading the responses through in that thread. Such a ride of reactions and overreactions from both sides. This article sure has a uh, changed tune comparatively.

The game itself is amazing, really liked the current Nero event. Definitely anticipating more content. I really want to scout Ryougi Shiki as she's my favourite Nasuverse character, I just wonder when she'll be in the game.

If i remember correctly, probably half a year?

And the Altria thing, that's the name they actually wanted, nothing to do about it. Arturia always sounded strange to me, so ehhh (Still strange cause i got used to Arturia after a while.) That said, i remember some official merch with the name Altria coming out more than a decade ago.
EmpyreanBlaze

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:05 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:

Not gonna spoil but there's a Prisma illya event. :3

Haha, they're really aiming to encompass the entire Fate universe aren't they?
AksaraKishou wrote:

If i remember correctly, probably half a year?

And the Altria thing, that's the name they actually wanted, nothing to do about it. Arturia always sounded strange to me, so ehhh (Still strange cause i got used to Arturia after a while.) That said, i remember some official merch with the name Altria coming out more than a decade ago.

Half a year for Ryougi Shiki?!
DrunkAyanami
Get off my lawn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:03 pm Reply with quote
#874005 wrote:
I just have to wonder, if Saber is so beloved even by the staff, why on earth did her name, "Artoria" or "Arthuria" get desecrated to "Altria" I'm not even a big saber fan but this one just bothers me to no end. I mean how can you get your poster girl's name atrociously wrong in English? Mad

Well in any case, I hope they'll reconsider down the line. Shocked

When I started playing NA Fate GO and saw the Saber Altria character(s), my brain actually kinda just assumed that they were just MORE iterations/alternative universe versions of the character with even more convoluted backstories. It's actually a relief that it's just a crappy translation, because I can barely wrap my head around all the Altria variants as it is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2