• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody Anime Reveals Teaser Visual, Staff

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:51 am Reply with quote
This is one series that I do like, both the LN and the manga. Glad to see an anime being made of it.
Merxamers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:11 am Reply with quote
I've been enjoying these novels a lot, so this is good news for me.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:28 am Reply with quote
Looks like more boring trashy isekai stuff, nothing new here. Most likely going to be super bland and forgettable.
Nodz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:15 am Reply with quote
Anime based on a light novel about a normal guy going in another world #34
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:59 am Reply with quote
Its both sad and funny to see the 2 different reaction here. We are at a point where people don't even give these kind of show a chance. Makes me worry for some series I wish get adapated which are in a *transported to another world* setting.

This is actually interesting me. I read half of the first novel. Thought it had an interesting start, but it started to drag a little at the middle point. Hence why it kind of got put on hold. Maybe seeing it in animated form will help me enjoy what I found slow in reading form.
Bisuketto

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:15 am Reply with quote
This is one of the better isekai type stories out there. I am looking forward to the anime adaptation of it.
Actar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:22 am Reply with quote
How people can overlook a show based on its genre, nay, setting is beyond me. But to each his own, I guess.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:50 am Reply with quote
back when the anime was announced I considered this to be the worse isekai, after the time that has passed Ic an say this is average and there are a bunch of worse ones.
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:53 am Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
How people can overlook a show based on its genre, nay, setting is beyond me. But to each his own, I guess.

Because a majority of the anime over the recent years have been "guy goes into a different realm and starts a harem of women." Which is an overused genre that has an actual ban in Japan for new Light Novels.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Actar wrote:

Blame trend hopping being an acceptable usage of writing talent. It's turning into a middle-school writing exercise at this point, or rather it did a long time ago.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Generally speaking I like isekai anime so I am hoping it turns out well. Also that they come out and say that it is a harem adventure means that it gets points for honesty.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:15 pm Reply with quote
There is no such thing as an overused genre, there are just bad stories and poor clones.

@Felicity dash
An actual ban...... You are going to have to provide proof for that one. I don't see the Japanese government making it illegal to have isekai stories.

Yeah there are a lot of these stories, but all that matters is if it is good. You won't know that unless you dip your toes into it. If the plot line sounds interesting to me, I'll give it a chance.

Isekai stories are really no different than astronauts and colonists surveying, visiting, and colonizing alien planets. Same basic concept in play.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:36 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
There is no such thing as an overused genre, there are just bad stories and poor clones.

@Felicity dash
An actual ban...... You are going to have to provide proof for that one. I don't see the Japanese government making it illegal to have isekai stories.

Yeah there are a lot of these stories, but all that matters is if it is good. You won't know that unless you dip your toes into it. If the plot line sounds interesting to me, I'll give it a chance.

Isekai stories are really no different than astronauts and colonists surveying, visiting, and colonizing alien planets. Same basic concept in play.

Kodansha has these light novel contests each year. And they banned story involving Transportating into other worlds and teenager protagonists.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:42 pm Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:

Kodansha has these light novel contests each year. And they banned story involving Transportating into other worlds and teenager protagonists.

That is more understandable for a contest, which aims to provide a bit more variety.

The poster of the banning comment made no mention of context or limits, and simply made it sound like this was an industry or governmental ban of some sort.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Then three beastkin girls photobomb pretty much every picture Laughing
So adorable
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2