×
  • remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams Space Patrol Luluco Dubbed Trailer




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CatSword



Joined: 01 Jul 2014
Posts: 1456
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Solid cast. My only complaint is that they should've left the "Awake! Judgement Gun Morphing!" undubbed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FlowerAiko



Joined: 05 Apr 2017
Posts: 216
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:53 pm Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
Solid cast. My only complaint is that they should've left the "Awake! Judgement Gun Morphing!" undubbed.


Yup! I agree! Cast sounds good but the Engrish of the Judgement Gun is funnier in my opinion. Over Justice too, but they had to dub him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MarshalBanana



Joined: 31 Aug 2014
Posts: 4726
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Seems like an OK dub, does anyone have a full list of VAs, I'm interested to see who voices the cast of Sex, Violence and Mach Speed.

Can they really warrant a home video released, is it really cheap. Because it only has a few episodes, and each one is about 6 minute long.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
FlowerAiko



Joined: 05 Apr 2017
Posts: 216
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:02 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Seems like an OK dub, does anyone have a full list of VAs, I'm interested to see who voices the cast of Sex, Violence and Mach Speed.

Can they really warrant a home video released, is it really cheap. Because it only has a few episodes, and each one is about 6 minute long.


On ANN's database the full cast is listed:
anime#18054
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raebo101



Joined: 17 Mar 2010
Posts: 757
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:07 pm Reply with quote
For anyone who can't watch the video:

https://streamable.com/5nie5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldCrusader



Joined: 25 Apr 2017
Posts: 1019
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Solid dub! That one line of Justin Briner was all I needed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Snakebit1995



Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 842
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:36 pm Reply with quote
FlowerAiko wrote:
CatSword wrote:
Solid cast. My only complaint is that they should've left the "Awake! Judgement Gun Morphing!" undubbed.


Yup! I agree! Cast sounds good but the Engrish of the Judgement Gun is funnier in my opinion. Over Justice too, but they had to dub him.


I'm sorry but that's silly, you wouldn't leave a totally different voice in for the transformation it would sound totally different and be jarring to a veiwer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FlowerAiko



Joined: 05 Apr 2017
Posts: 216
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
FlowerAiko wrote:
CatSword wrote:
Solid cast. My only complaint is that they should've left the "Awake! Judgement Gun Morphing!" undubbed.


Yup! I agree! Cast sounds good but the Engrish of the Judgement Gun is funnier in my opinion. Over Justice too, but they had to dub him.


I'm sorry but that's silly, you wouldn't leave a totally different voice in for the transformation it would sound totally different and be jarring to a veiwer.


The transformations are done by the gun itself and that's all it says. Plus, it's in English already.

And a lot of times dubs don't dub insert songs, even if the characters sing them. Like Toradora's Christmas episode.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ashen Phoenix



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 2787
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Having not seen the sub of this I'm definitely curious to finally check it out! Looks utterly bonkers and fun as per "usual" with TRIGGER, and I'm a fan of the cast.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
SWAnimefan



Joined: 10 Oct 2014
Posts: 634
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:27 am Reply with quote
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the reason why they dubbed the Gun Morphing is because of contracts. The Seiyuu who originally recorded those lines would have to get paid again as part of the Dub. So it's simpler to have someone redo Dub over it. Besides, it sounded pretty identical.

As for Brittany voicing Luluco, I'm not too keen on it. Sounds forced.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Not_Nitsugalego



Joined: 29 Mar 2017
Posts: 24
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:47 am Reply with quote
As much as I love FuniDubs, half the fun of Luluco was the random engrish, so I don't know if the dub will work for me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nyron



Joined: 16 May 2013
Posts: 161
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Either way, the show is an hour long so I look forward to watching it over and over again in various languages
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DangerMouse



Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 3913
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Aww yeah, can't wait.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group