• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Toonami Adds Half Hour of Programming With Cowboy Bebop

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Oh goody, they get to finally finish airing those HD tapes they worked so hard to get. Very Happy
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:37 pm Reply with quote
No New Material..no new fans...
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
I don't know... despite the several airings of both Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop, I've yet to see either of the shows, and I can't imagine I'm the only one. So I'd say there's still plenty of chances for new fans to watch the block. Well, at least if they want to stay up that late (which, admittedly, I can on most occasions).
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Now, they should put Trigun in the line-up. Gotta get the old Adult Swim teams back, y'all feel me? Anime hyper
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:

Cowboy Bebop is a timeless classic. It will keep creating new anime fans.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully after Outlaw Star or Cowboy Bebop Toonami will air other classic series like Gundam Wing for instance. Cool
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:33 pm Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
Hopefully after Outlaw Star or Cowboy Bebop Toonami will air other classic series like Gundam Wing for instance. Cool

I bet the next classic show they air will be Big O. They just got the rights to season 1 back after like ten years, so this will be the first time in a long while that they can air the entire thing.
CatSword

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
Now, they should put Trigun in the line-up. Gotta get the old Adult Swim teams back, y'all feel me? Anime hyper

I'd also love to see Trigun, but the issue is that there are no HD masters for the show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:00 pm Reply with quote
I kinda miss the days when it seemed like Bebop was on constant repeat on adult swim. Good to see it's back.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:16 pm Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
Animechic420 wrote:

I'd also love to see Trigun, but the issue is that there are no HD masters for the show.

Well, then....now's the time for Funi or whoever owns Trigun to make that happen. Anime smile
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Me, I wish they'd play something like Casshern Sins again, just randomly or hack.// Sign
Running Wild

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:54 pm Reply with quote
When are they gonna bring back Sailor Moon? That was the #2 show on Toonami back in the old days. I'm also anxious to see more of the new Viz dub, especially for the S season.
Heishi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Codeanime93 wrote:
Me, I wish they'd play something like Casshern Sins again, just randomly or hack.// Sign

Casshern Sins back on Toonami would be an instant win in my book.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
AnimeLordLuis wrote:

I bet the next classic show they air will be Big O. They just got the rights to season 1 back after like ten years, so this will be the first time in a long while that they can air the entire thing.

I don't know what is up with Toonami and Sentai Filmworks, but Toonami hardly ever shows Sentai titles since Akame ga Kill! & Parasyte with Children Who Chase Lost Voices during the Intruder III. Needs more Sentai love on the block. Sure I watch Sentai titles on Anime Network on TV, but would love to see more of their titles on Toonami as well. As we all know, Sentai has released Big O on Blu-ray.

I know on the latest Toonami Pre-Flight they were talking about Endless Waltz for Gundam Wing and they were saying they probably wouldn't show that movie again even though it did well which got me thinking I guess no Gundam Wing TV series either. But now with seeing this article that Cowboy Bebop is coming back, it just makes you wonder what their stance is on older titles that they have already shown many times. It feels like they're saying no and yet becomes a yes.

With Sailor Moon, the series is just too long unless they dedicate a whole hour for it. Crystal doesn't have that problem, but still has its own problems with it.

Well either rate, the best thing to do is to have Toonami turned on during the hours it is on during the shows that you enjoy.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:36 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Thespacemaster wrote:

Cowboy Bebop is a timeless classic. It will keep creating new anime fans.

I own it on DVD with the improvedand upscaled visuals of recent releases. However despite i have heard and read great things about it i dont seem to be able to get past ep 2. Perhaps ireally should take the time for it to enjoy it. But with the recent big hitters like SAO, AoA Bebop has a really slow pacing lol. But to be honest with the amount of dubs(i dont have the time to watch subs) now days get released its hard to watch older (classic )anime because there isnt enough time xD.

MoonPhase1 wrote:

I don't know what is up with Toonami and Sentai Filmworks, but Toonami hardly ever shows Sentai titles since Akame ga Kill! & Parasyte with Children Who Chase Lost Voices during the Intruder III. Needs more Sentai love on the block. Sure I watch Sentai titles on Anime Network on TV, but would love to see more of their titles on Toonami as well. As we all know, Sentai has released Big O on Blu-ray.

I know on the latest Toonami Pre-Flight they were talking about Endless Waltz for Gundam Wing and they were saying they probably wouldn't show that movie again even though it did well which got me thinking I guess no Gundam Wing TV series either. But now with seeing this article that Cowboy Bebop is coming back, it just makes you wonder what their stance is on older titles that they have already shown many times. It feels like they're saying no and yet becomes a yes.

With Sailor Moon, the series is just too long unless they dedicate a whole hour for it. Crystal doesn't have that problem, but still has its own problems with it.

Well either rate, the best thing to do is to have Toonami turned on during the hours it is on during the shows that you enjoy.

Recent Sentai ddint really had any big hitters. Howver im surpised that Ushio and Tora wont be on toonami though...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3