• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Saga of Tanya the Evil Franchise Has 'Important Announcement' Next Week

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:01 am Reply with quote
I'm hoping for a new season.

I heard there were rumors this was planned for a split cour or something in the past.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mealstrom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:03 am Reply with quote
2nd season? Yes please. The original was the best kind of stupid fun and I want more badly.
Ronie Peter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:17 am Reply with quote
If it's a next season it'll be great. The NUT studio will be better prepared now that it apparently got partners [other studios] to help it on schedule. I just hope it's for next year, because the studio is involved this year with FLCL 3.
fantaselion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:24 am Reply with quote
Ronie Peter wrote:
If it's a next season it'll be great. The NUT studio will be better prepared now that it apparently got partners [other studios] to help it on schedule. I just hope it's for next year, because the studio is involved this year with FLCL 3.

partners? What studios are we talking about here?
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:43 am Reply with quote
I also hope that it is a second season as the ending of the first season has left me craving for more. Is there enough material, however, for a second season at the time of this post? If someone can provide an answer to that, I would appreciate it.
Ronie Peter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:47 am Reply with quote
fantaselion wrote:
Ronie Peter wrote:

partners? What studios are we talking about here?

Studio Revoroot and Twin Engine.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:15 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I also hope that it is a second season as the ending of the first season has left me craving for more. Is there enough material, however, for a second season at the time of this post? If someone can provide an answer to that, I would appreciate it.

There is plenty of material to adapt. Season 1 only covered Volumes 1, 2 and most of 3. The Light Novel is extremely popular in Japan and Volume 9 will be coming out later this month.
trilaan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:33 am Reply with quote
I hope it's another anime season as well. I read the first book and it was a bit of a slog so I think I shall enjoy it in animated format much more.
Mavado

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:38 am Reply with quote
AnimeFlyz wrote:
Quote:

There is plenty of material to adapt. Season 1 only covered Volumes 1, 2 and most of 3. The Light Novel is extremely popular in Japan and Volume 9 will be coming out later this month.
Really? Based on some spoilers I saw, I expected it to be over already. Is the conflict still going or did they just move on to the next war?
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:44 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Really? Based on some spoilers I saw, I expected it to be over already. Is the conflict still going or did they just move on to the next war?

Not from what I know. Its the same war, its just that different nations get defeated and replaced by other nations. Most wars take a while to finish. Tanya entered the military at the age of 9, and ever since Volume 7, is 14 years old.
joe_g7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:54 am Reply with quote
Hopefully, it's really an important announcement, cause I've already seen enough "important announcement to make" that proved to be just crap that only mega fans would care about.
jdnation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:05 am Reply with quote
A new anime season would be awesome!

But it could also be a stage play or mobile phone game... Sad
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:31 am Reply with quote
jdnation wrote:
A new anime season would be awesome!

But it could also be a stage play or mobile phone game... Sad

Or a video pachinko machine! Anime studios love to tease us with that crap all the time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Rukiia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:30 am Reply with quote
This article needs to be adjusted. The Anime came out January 2017, not 2016.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:42 am Reply with quote
What's the point of these announcement teases? Why not just tell us or wait until next week to tell us, you don't have to pointlessly build suspense or whatever they try to do.

Like the S2 for Made in Abyss just came out and said it without any prior notice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3