• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
'Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in the Dungeon?' Franchise Teases 'New Project'

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MsVitchDa2nd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:05 am Reply with quote
season 2 and no more spin off please.
sword oratoria was less entertaining compared to the main story imo
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:36 am Reply with quote
^ We share the same thoughts.

The story of Our One True Goddess, Hestia, will always be the bestia story in the DanMachi series. I await for the day when her story continues in animated form.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:18 am Reply with quote
MsVitchDa2nd wrote:

In it's defense the anime was just a really bad adaptation, the manga makes it much more enjoyable. But yeah, I really want a season 2 of the main story and nothing else
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:47 am Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
MsVitchDa2nd wrote:

In it's defense the anime was just a really bad adaptation, the manga makes it much more enjoyable. But yeah, I really want a season 2 of the main story and nothing else

Honestly I'd rather have an adaptation of Episode Ryuu than a season 2 right now.
GhostD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:43 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
ultimatehaki wrote:
MsVitchDa2nd wrote:

Honestly I'd rather have an adaptation of Episode Ryuu than a season 2 right now.

At most we can only hope for an OVA with Ryuu's story as theres only 5 chapters worth of content and the current story isnt even complete yet.

Oratoria's anime is a bust. The manga and LN did a waaay better job
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:04 am Reply with quote
A second season would be nice. I've been thinking that ever since the Oratoria anime started considering there is plenty more material to adapt at this point.
myskaros

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:52 am Reply with quote
I'd like to see books 6-8 adapted. But... they can stop at that. 9-10 were hugely disappointing.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:11 am Reply with quote
I am one of the rare people that liked Sword Oratoria, but I also want this new project to be a proper sequel to the first Danmachi anime. If it is indeed that sequel, I hope it starts airing this year.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:51 pm Reply with quote
I guess it depends how Danmachi is making money. Manga can sell so much to cover expenses of hyper expensive method of making animes.

2nd Season would be nice, but i won't want it zooming ahead of the manga's plot that usually is leading cause of not getting 2nd season to begin with.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:48 pm Reply with quote
^
The franchise is based on LNs, with the manga being an adaptation, too. Five volumes past the anime have already been released in the States and two more than that have been released in Japan (and the 13th is due in a month), so there's easily enough available for a full cour and possibly enough for two.

If it is a new series then it'll probably cover vol. 6-8 in one cour, as 7 and 8 are much longer than earlier volumes stories and there isn't a good stopping point for at least a couple of volumes past 8. The problem is that the end of vol. 8 wouldn't be a particularly dynamic stopping point - certainly not like what the end of vol. 5 was.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Skyletv

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:14 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I am one of the rare people that liked Sword Oratoria, but I also want this new project to be a proper sequel to the first Danmachi anime. If it is indeed that sequel, I hope it starts airing this year.

I liked Sword Oratory too :'(
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:06 am Reply with quote
If there isn't enough material for a Season 2, perhaps it's an animated movie? Or an OVA?
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:07 pm Reply with quote
I hope it's a season 2. It's always weird to me that a series can be popular enough to get spin-offs made but not popular enough to get a sequel.
MoerunX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Between stop at 7-8 or 9-10 ...imo it would rather stop at 11, as that's where the supposedly v9 arc stops.....its cooler too. Best option. yep
Kalessin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
I hope it's a season 2. It's always weird to me that a series can be popular enough to get spin-offs made but not popular enough to get a sequel.

It stems from why the series are made in the first place. If they adapt a manga or light novel series or whatnot, then they're almost always made with the idea of promoting the sales of the original product, unlike in the US, where the idea would be to make money off of the TV or movie series (in the US, the studio picked the series, because they were trying to find something that would do well as a movie or TV show, wheres in Japan, it's usually the book publisher that's behind getting something adapted). The Japanese certainly want to make money off of the adaptaton, and how well it does can affect whether they make more, but the main purpose is to increase the sales of the original material. So, if the anime increases the sales of the original material, then it's done its job, and the companies involved then tend to be more interested in promoting a different product by adapting it than contining to adapt what they've already adapted, which then of course, really sucks for us fans, especially when the original material isn't available in English.

If a spin-off manga or light novel series has been created, then on some level, that's a new product to promote, and adapting it as an anime could increase its sales. So, even if they don't feel the need to further promote the main series, they could feel the need to promote the spin-off and end up having an anime made for it even though they don't want to bother with adapting the original any further.

This problem is why it took forever for any more To Aru Majutsu no Index to be announced (and honestly, it's kind of surprising that it ever was), and it's almost certainly related to why we haven't seen any more Haruhi Suzumiya in years even though it was extremely popular (no new novels are being written, so they don't feel the need to promote the series any further). Sometimes, anime series are continued in spite of this whole attitude, but I think that I could probably count one one hand the number of light novel adaptations that have gone past two seasons. Manga does slightly better in that some that aim at a younger audience (e.g. Conan or One Piece) and which are made on a continual basis rather than using seasons do end up adapting large amounts of material (sometimes even all of it), and sometimes shorter manga series get fully adapted (though that happens less now that they don't do 26 episode seasons as much), but light novels really get the short end of the stick.

The result is that in most cases, we're pretty much ultimately stuck getting just getting the first part of a story when an anime adapts a light novel or manga series and that unless the original material is in English (or you can read Japanese), you'll never get the whole story. And that really sucks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2