• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam the Origin VI: Rise of the Red Comet Anime's Subtitled Trailer Shows 1st Gundam Icons

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Well if Bright Noa shows up he's pretty guaranteed to be voiced by Ken Narita since he sounds so much like the original voice actor.
Ryu's probably going to be a recast as well. I hated the recasting of Kycillia Zabi .
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:04 pm Reply with quote
"A knight who flies freely through space, faster than any ship" is a really good description of the aesthetic of Universal Century mobile suits. I've always described them to people who ask the "but why do they have to be humanoid-shaped?" question as incredibly versatile fighter ships rather than robots.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:44 pm Reply with quote
“When Origin anime?”

You know that’s the only question they’re gonna get. Are we getting a full adaptation of the Origin manga proper or is this the end and 0079 remains an un-touchable sacred cow?
DopeyDragon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
“When Origin anime?”

You know that’s the only question they’re gonna get. Are we getting a full adaptation of the Origin manga proper or is this the end and 0079 remains an un-touchable sacred cow?

If they decide to make it, we're probably going to have to wait until 2019 to see anything, and late at that. Seems like the kind of project they'd want to line up with the 40th anniversary.
Nyren

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:26 pm Reply with quote
DopeyDragon wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:
“When Origin anime?”

If they decide to make it, we're probably going to have to wait until 2019 to see anything, and late at that. Seems like the kind of project they'd want to line up with the 40th anniversary.
That's the running theory. A new season of Build Fighters is being teased for this year, so that'll be their big Gundam project for 2018, and then next year they'll have a 0079 remake based on The Origin.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:30 am Reply with quote
If they really do make a TV series remake, especially with the current level of animation quality, it'll be a really huge project. I think they'll consider making it in a movie series format instead, like the recent Space Battleship Yamato remake.

Anyway, I never imagined Origin would make it this far. It's great to see the original characters in modern visuals.
CCTakato

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:10 am Reply with quote
I saw the original Gundam for the first time recently and while I really enjoyed it, it definitely shows it's age and it's a show that could benefit from a remake.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:15 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
“When Origin anime?”

If they do turn Origins into an anime which I kind of hope they don't I hope they do less awkward of a job than what they did with Unicorn.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:37 am Reply with quote
I didn’t mean breaking down the OVA’s into a TV series, I meant adapting the actual manga, which would mean remaking the original Mobile Suit Gundam.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1