• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kenichi Sonoda's 'Project [B.B]' Anime Previews Character Sketches

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:39 pm Reply with quote
So it's not really a Gunsmith Cats short, but rather a Riding Bean pilot.

I guess that's okay. I like Bean Bandit and all, but I'd much rather have something related to GSC directly. Brunette Rally > Blonde Rally any day.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:44 pm Reply with quote
It's good to see Sonoda's work again. But would be really nice if we could get an new animated GSC that covers the entire series. And get a good studio to pull it off with no overbearing CG.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
It's good to see Sonoda's work again. But would be really nice if we could get an new animated GSC that covers the entire series. And get a good studio to pull it off with no overbearing CG.
I will indeed be upset if it has CG cars, especially when next month we are getting more Lupin with all key-framed cars.And Osomatsu which recently aired had key-framed cars, despite being made by Pierrot. At the event maybe some/a lot of people can ask for as little CG as possible.
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:32 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
I will indeed be upset if it has CG cars, especially when next month we are getting more Lupin with all key-framed cars.And Osomatsu which recently aired had key-framed cars, despite being made by Pierrot. At the event maybe some/a lot of people can ask for as little CG as possible.

I think you're misusing the term key frame, when you mean traditional or hand-drawn animation. Key frames can be used with the computer doing the interpolation between key frames, which generally looks artificially smooth like flash animation and kind of awful (though there is software which is getting better at this). Key frames are also used in 3D animation. Neither of these are what you mean.

Last edited by hissatsu01 on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:05 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
So it's not really a Gunsmith Cats short, but rather a Riding Bean pilot.

I guess that's okay. I like Bean Bandit and all, but I'd much rather have something related to GSC directly. Brunette Rally > Blonde Rally any day.

Yeah. I guess this is okay since that movie was really fun but finally a potential chance at a full Gunsmith Cats series (plus he shows up in GSC Burst so they still could have had him with some screentime) is what I really wanted so it's going to be kind of a letdown if this is really the case.

Chrno2 wrote:

Yeah.

Last edited by DangerMouse on Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Still hoping this leads to a new Gunsmith Cats anime somewhere down the line.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:48 am Reply with quote
With the way they've renamed it to Project B.B (Bean Bandit), and the fact they use the phrase Keiichi Sonada Film, makes me think this will be a pilot for a full length anime feature, but I guess we'll find out in due time.

Would be cool to have an anime project where Riding Bean and Gunsmith Cats just fully cross-over in a feature length film format - leading into a full Gunsmith Cats TV anime (or Netflix ONA series, I'd be okay with that too).
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:30 am Reply with quote
hissatsu01 wrote:
I think you're misusing the term key frame, when you mean traditional or hand-drawn animation. Key frames can be used with the computer doing the interpolation between key frames, which generally looks artificially smooth like flash animation and kind of awful (though there is software which is getting better at this). Key frames are also used in 3D animation. Neither of these are what you mean.
I have plenty of experience with 3DSMAX and Maya, I know about key-framing in CG animation. The reason I call it key-framed is

1, In Shirobako the staff members referred to the none CG elements as key-framed, one example is where that animator gets made because they do the missile sequence with CG, when he thought he was key-framing it. So I assume this must be what they call it in the industry.

2, While this applies less to ANN, where people are generally more educated, I've come across plenty of Anime fans who believe traditional and hand-drawn mean cel painted, so Gurren Lagann for example is not hand-drawn, but CG.So there is no point telling them that a show has hand-drawn cars, because I will just get "It doesn't look hand-drawn to me"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1